Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Not Detecting Keyboard 50% (or so) of the Time on Boot..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Not Detecting Keyboard 50% (or so) of the Time on Boot..

I'm having a problem with my MX KB. Around 50% of the time when I boot my PC it doesn't detect the KB (I also see the software is not running...). But the Mouse Plugged in to the KB Still Works. Rebooting the PC a second time will not fix this, I have to unplug the KB with the PC On (and in Windows) then it will re-detected the KB again and everything will work. This is vary annoying seeing as I need to crawl under my deck every time to do this...

Can you tell us your motherboard model and BIOS version?

Also, when you turn off the PC, do you also cut the power from the power supply? And which USB port are you using to connect the keyboard? And are both USB connections being connected?

We'll see if our team can set up a similar system and test for your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
      Can you tell us your motherboard model and BIOS version?

Also, when you turn off the PC, do you also cut the power from the power supply? And which USB port are you using to connect the keyboard? And are both USB connections being connected?

We'll see if our team can set up a similar system and test for your issue.
      I have a: G1.Sniper 5 (rev. 1.x) BIOS Ver. F10

No, I do not cut the power.

Using the USB ports on the Back. I started using the USB 2 then thought that might be the problem so I changed to USB 3 and same problem.

Yes Both USB cables are plugged in.

I have been a computer tech for over 20 years. So if you got more question just ask.

Comment

Hi, same problem here...

Board: ASUS H170 Pro Gaming lastest BIOS. And yes, when I shutdown the pc cut the main AC.

Thanks!

EDIT: the USB are connected in the rear ports and the firmware ver of kb is the latest (i don't remember exactly wich number), and i'll check if the switch in the board is set on G o S.
        Last edited by ale210; 06-29-2016, 11:31 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

There has been issues with ASUS motherboards, where cutting the main power would cause the motherboard's USB controller to not detect the keyboard upon the next boot. The only workaround is to connect the keyboard to a USB 2.0 port in the rear panel and don't cut all power to the system when the PC is turned off. Otherwise, you'll need to reconnect the main keyboard USB plug for the system to recognize the keyboard after powering on the system.

Comment

So, what I can do? Will be a fw upgrade to fix or need RMA??

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
              There has been issues with ASUS motherboards, where cutting the main power would cause the motherboard's USB controller to not detect the keyboard upon the next boot. The only workaround is to connect the keyboard to a USB 2.0 port in the rear panel and don't cut all power to the system when the PC is turned off. Otherwise, you'll need to reconnect the main keyboard USB plug for the system to recognize the keyboard after powering on the system.
              But I don't have a ASUS MB, and I never turn the Main Power off on my PC. So there is obviously a problem with the firmware or software for the KB.

Also there hasn't been a software update for this Keyboard since "2016 Mar 21" and seeing as the software is still in Beta .85 That not good...

Comment

that's very annoying...maybe work using a pciexpress-usb adapter???

EDIT: I asked for refound...sad 'cause, I love the design of the KM780.
                Last edited by ale210; 07-04-2016, 10:57 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

Originally posted by ale210 View Post
                  that's very annoying...maybe work using a pciexpress-usb adapter???

EDIT: I asked for refound...sad 'cause, I love the design of the KM780.
                  I would refund mine but I was hopping a update would fix it...
                  But G.Skills doesn't seem to be putting out Updates for the MX in a timely manner and the time to return to store is gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnos View Post
                    I have been a computer tech for over 20 years.
                    20 years?!
                    If your motherboard is not working correctly with the keyboard then you should write to the manufacturer of your motherboard.
                    Where is your logic. do not embarrass yourself. and these cases are not an RMA. your keyboard to connect to another system and it will work. you then say?

Comment

Originally posted by jjxaker View Post
                      20 years?!
                      If your motherboard is not working correctly with the keyboard then you should write to the manufacturer of your motherboard.
                      Where is your logic. do not embarrass yourself. and these cases are not an RMA. your keyboard to connect to another system and it will work. you then say?
                      Well I have been a Computer Tech for Over 25 years and have 2 Highend gaming PC and 1 Server (all resently formated) in my house, and they all have the same problem with my KB. So what do you say to that?

Comment

My KM780 RGB keyboard is only detected after I disconnect and reconnect. I tested my motherboard with another USB keyboard (a different manufacturer) and it works fine. Is it a hardware issue?

Software ver 0.104
                        Firmware ver 57

The OS is Win 10 Pro 64-bit. I have plugged and tested in USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, the issue still persists. My motherboard is ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA (Z170 platform).

Has anyone found a fix?

Comment

Nope... Looks like there leaving everyone with a MX keyboard Up Shi+ Creek...

Comment

i had the same problem, it is a pity because is a great keyboard but they don´t have any solution

Comment

Yep, real shame because the hardware is sturdy, sexy and well build but the software / fermware department, really droped the ball...

Comment

Working...
                              X