G.Skill Trident Z Series Color Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Trident Z Series Color Variants

I am planning a build based on an ASUS X99-A II mobo. The ASUS QVL for that board lists a lot of G.Skill Trident Z series DDR4 modules as approved. I am looking at a 4 x 8GB kit at 3333. They list F4-3333C16Q-32GTZ but also list a couple of variants with 1 or 2 extra characters at the end of the part number.

F4-3333C16Q-32GTZB
    F4-3333C16Q-32GTZKW
    F4-3333C16Q-32GTZSW
    F4-3333C16Q-32GTZSK

I asked about these on Tom's Hardware forum and was told that G.Skill is coming out with color variants, shown at the following link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gsk...dr4,31815.html

The picture in the link shows the "regular" gray with red highlight and 5 other color variations. When I search the G.Skill site, none of the part numbers with the extra 1 or 2 characters come up. If I drill through the selection process (Desktop, Trident Z, 32GB 8GBx4, 3333), all that comes up is F4-3333C16Q-32GTZ. There are no other options.

Also, the G.Skill QVL for that model number only lists ASAS Z170 Deluxe. It does not list any X99 mobo's. I understand that these variants have just been released (if they actually exist) but they do not appear anywhere I can find on G.Skill's site or in a Google Search.

So do these variants of the Trident Z series actually exist? Why are these listed on ASUS's QVL for the X99-A II mobo but not on G.Skill's own site? And finally, why does the G.Skill QVL for F4-3333C16Q-32GTZ not list any X99 mobo's when the ASUS QVL says there are qualified?

Is it just a matter of the info not being up to date? That mobo is very new. It just seems strange that the ASUS QVL would list G.Skill modules that are not even listed on G.Skill's own site.

Thanks for reading!!

G.SKILL can only verify its modules on mainboards they have available for testing. So if your specific X99 model is not listed for any G.SKILL kit, then it is probably not available in the test lab. ASUS on the other site has to test a certain number of kits with every model and they might have gotten a preproduction sample from G.SKILL for that exact purpose.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Trident Z frequency range goes much beyond what the current X99 platform is capable of. In general, Trident Z kits are designed for Z170 1151 CPU, but there are Z kits for X99 and they are usually < DDR4-3200

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Trident Z frequency range goes much beyond what the current X99 platform is capable of. In general, Trident Z kits are designed for Z170 1151 CPU, but there are Z kits for X99 and they are usually < DDR4-3200
        Yes I am aware of that but the Trident F4-3333C16Q-32GTZB is listed in the Asus X99-Deluxe II QVL so I went for it. That MOBO is rated up to 3333 (OC) so I figured the best way to get there is to buy RAM rated for that. I hope I am correct because I am buying the parts over time. I have had the Gskill RAM for several weeks and am just getting to purchasing the MOBO. There are some PCIe lane anomalies that have had my stymied but I think I am now ready to go on the MOBO. Is there any reason I should be concerned about the operation and/or performance of GSkill F4-3333C16Q-32GTZB in that MOBO? It IS listed on the Asus QVL...

Thanks !

Comment

With the latest BIOS/EFI it should work great.

Comment

Working...
          X