KM780 RGB firmware downgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 RGB firmware downgrade

We sincerely apologize for the language bug on EU language layouts on software v0.100. We have temporarily pulled the download link until the issue is fixed.

Please do note that firmware and software versions must match. So firmware 55 will not work well with software 0.87. Please refrain from mixing firmware and software versions.

For downgrading and reflashing the firmware, please see the instructions below to lower the firmware version, then you can download and install the correct firmware/software version.

Thank you for all your patience and understanding.

=====

Download link: http://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/...780_RGB_46.zip

It's recommended to reinstall the software after resetting the firmware (similar to step 9c) to ensure matching firmware and software versions.

================================
    -------- INSTRUCTIONS ----------
    ================================

1. Locate the small hole under the leg standoff on the upper left corner (underside of the MR key).
    2. Unplug the keyboard.
    3. Use a paper clip, or something similar, and insert into hole. You should feel a click or something pressed down.
    4. While it is being pressed, insert and connect both USB connectors. Keyboard will not function and LED will not light at this time.
    5. Go to My Computer, there should be a drive with 64KB size (Drive Name: "CRP DISABLD" or "CRP1 ENABLD").
    6. Delete the drive contents (should be a single file named "firmware.bin"), then copy the GSKILL_KM780_RGB_V0037.bin file into the drive.
    7. Remove the paper clip, and reconnect the USB again.
    8. Once keyboard LED is lit up, confirm keyboard is functioning by pressing Windows key.
    9a. Execute and run FWUpdate.exe from the "FWUpdate_KM780_RGB_46" folder, with Administrator rights (right click on FWUpdate.exe and click "Run as Administrator"). Wait until update is complete.
    9b. Alternatively, if the G.SKILL driver software is already installed, the paired firmware version can also be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\G.Skill\G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB\FWUpdate
    9c. If G.SKILL driver software is not installed, you may obtain the latest firmware version by downloading and installing the G.SKILL latest software driver from the G.SKILL website. (www.gskill.com/en/download)

Since I can just remap the messed up keys using the software, I won't downgrade for now, especially because I was having another problem with the older version that couldn't be worked around so easily.

Anyways, if anyone else is using the Portuguese layout and doesn't want to downgrade either, here's a clean Mode with just the remapped keys.

If everyone else who has done the same but for other layouts posts their own , maybe we can save other people some trouble of either figuring out what to remap or downgrading their firmware.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nitrohell; 06-01-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

For such a powerful keyboard we really should learn how it works. However I had an issue working out how to set the (`/¬) and ('/@) keys correctly on UK layout. The keyboard code for (1/¬) I got by plugging in another keyboard and hit the (`/¬) key with the custom key set to 'keyboard'.
      Last edited by DeadMan3000; 06-02-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

aint there any way to make this easier?

atm the software is totally bugging out for me, everytime i try to upload a "default" profile it just crashes and disables the complete lighting for a single mode, this happened to my thrice in 10 minutes and im sick of flipping my board over and over just to push that lil button under its puny hole with a piece of wire extracted from a clip for closing bread bags...

aint it easier to code an update-tool to ignore the "only update upwards" regulation which enables to downgrade the firmware thru software?

Comment

Please do make sure that the profile is exported and imported from the same firmware version, otherwise, there may be formatting differences that might cause it to go haywire.

Since we're still adding on major features, the formatting might not be compatible across firmware updates.

Also, please do make sure that the correct software and firmware version are matched, or there WILL be problems due to incorrect signals and commands being processed.

Comment

Well the thing is, I wanted to use a "default" profile made with the new FW AND SW, since the old presets were somehow deleted and it still crashed for an unknown reason...

i will try sth, this may be connected with the new color palette option, for example i used the standard palette on the first profile and some effects, changed the whole palette and loaded a second profile with the new palette, while the first profile used the older palette and smhow the SW/FW doesnt adapt to that...
            Seems this aint the problem, maybe it was a onetime fluke...

PS: Is there still this problem that when you assigned a custom key that it cant be undone with the "DefaultKey" option, so you have to rollback the whole firmware? had this once, i reassigned the "H" key with a recorded macro and wasnt able to disable it, it was also still there when i switched the profile for the same mode, only help was the rollback
            Last edited by LowTechRider; 06-27-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LowTechRider View Post
              PS: Is there still this problem that when you assigned a custom key that it cant be undone with the "DefaultKey" option, so you have to rollback the whole firmware? had this once, i reassigned the "H" key with a recorded macro and wasnt able to disable it, it was also still there when i switched the profile for the same mode, only help was the rollback
              That problem was fixed with SW 0.100/FW 55 and onward, however I've found that it still happens with the G1-6 keys.
              For those keys the problem remains and you can't set them back to default using the software option, it's less of a problem since they are by default blank and you won't lose anything by letting them keep the new macro/value you gave them.
              If you don't want them to retain that value though, because it's a very specific macro you don't want to misclick or any other reason, an easy way to fix it without having to rollback is:

Disable the Key on the software, save it to the device, do the below steps and then set it back to default on the software:
              Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
              1. Press "MR" to begin OTF macro recording.
              2. Press a key to select that key for recording.
              3. Press the same key once for its original function.
              4. Press "MR" to complete the recording.

Comment

The color palette currently is software based, so importing profiles may not change the working palette for the available software versions at the moment. We're working on it to make sure it becomes more consistent. (Side note: we're not sure which thread you got that quote from.)

There used to be a bug in the software where macros or settings is stuck to a certain key, but should be fixed in the most recent update. However, it does require the onboard memory to be reset for the issue to not crop up again. (Nitrohell beat us to it. The steps provided by Nitrohell would also work.)
                Last edited by G.SKILL; 06-27-2016, 07:24 PM. Reason: 1 million Internet points for Nitrohell

Comment

Working...
                X