F10 in macro sends F11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F10 in macro sends F11

I don't even.... What kind of hokey-pokey product is this?

I created a macro with ALT-F10 keypress, the default key-combination for NVIDIA ShadowPlay Snapshots, and it would never work in game. I finally fired up a keyboard analyzer and was astonished that F11 is sent instead of F10. It's clearly F10 in the Macro and the ALT-F9 works just fine. I even validated by creating another macro with JUST F10 and it still sends F11 to Windows... Created new profile, tried different mode - same problem...

I could live with your junky software, but behavior like this in inexcusable... Test your code... F10 should always equal F10... I can send you USB to Scan-code conversion tables if you need them...

I will await a fix at your leisure... In the meantime, I have set ShadowPlay to use ALT-F11.

Technical Details per forum rules:
    1) Software (SW) version and firmware (FW) version:
    Software: 0.85
    Firmware: 27

2) Did this issue occur on a new software installation or software update?
    Fresh outta the box
    3) What is the model number of your keyboard and layout? (e.g. KM780 RGB, NA English; etc.)
    KM780 MX NA English
    4) Which Windows OS version are you using? (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; etc.)
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    5) Which USB port did you plug the keyboard into? (e.g. USB3.0 in motherboard back panel, USB2.0 hub, etc.)
    Motherboard USB 3.0 port
    6) Your motherboard model number
    ASUS Z170-A
    7) Any antivirus/anti-malware software programs you have installed
    Windows Defender included with Windows 10
    8) Any other keyboard/mouse/similar device software you have installed
    Logitech Gaming Software version 8.82.151 with Logitech G600 mouse, though the problem continues even without the software/mouse...

Can you export the "Mode" or "Profile" configuration and send it to our tech support (techsupport@gskill.com) for further analysis?

It would also help to let us know if you recorded the macro with the on-the-fly macro recording function or if you created the macro inside the software and saved into the keyboard memory.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X