Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KM780 Software Crashes when Windows is locked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 Software Crashes when Windows is locked.

So whenever I lock my PC, the G.Skill keyboard software shuts down / exits / closes / crashes.

When I hit ctrl + alt + del and log back in, the icon for the software is in the taskbar and once the cursor is hovered over it, the icon disappears.

Will this be fixed soon?

System:
    HP Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF
    Windows 10 x64 Enterprise
    I5-6500
    16GB DDR4 2100

Hi,

Which software version are you using and which KM780 (RGB or MX) do you have?

Let us check with our software team, and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Comment

Firmware 27
      Software 0.85

KM780 MX Cherry Blue / all red lighting

Comment

Dear Customer,

Our keyboard team has been able to replicate your issue, and is currently trying to locate the cause of the issue. Once we have located the issue, the fix would be included in the upcoming software updates.

At this time, we would like to remind you that due to our recently revised software update schedule, this fix might be scheduled for a late-May or June software update.

We thank you for your feedback at this time, and we appreciate your patience as we work on making fixes to the software.

Comment

So when is this software update going to be released?

Comment

So downloaded and installed the new software / firmware and see this issue still has not been fixed. Not high on the list of issues to fix?

Comment

According to our software team, the software is required by the OS to release the link to the keyboard when Windows logs out or locks. Due to the software design of dependency on the connection to keyboard hardware, this would require some major changes to the software code or Windows device management.

At the moment, the software would need to be opened again after logging in from lock state. We'll let our software team know that this is something that has not been fixed yet.

We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Comment

Working...
              X