Feature request: Disable/enable keyboard option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: Disable/enable keyboard option

Can we have a right click and shortcut key option to disable/enable the keyboard for cleaning (or to avoid AFK accidents) purposes please.

Our software is designed with easy to use in mind, so we're trying not to use "Right click" as an extra layer of commands.

Also, it's always a good idea to disconnect or power down any electronic devices during cleaning, so please disconnect the keyboard when cleaning your keyboard. We wouldn't want any accidents to happen to the keyboard while cleaning.

In any case, we'll let our keyboard team know about your feedback. Perhaps there will be a need to add this feature in a future software version. Thank you!

Comment

Well if it's just grime and marks then yes, unplugging the keyboard is a good idea. But really there should be a power off button as it's a pain going round the back of the computer to unplug it! But I just want to use a small paintbrush to clear the dust from between the keys as it looks like a Christmas tree of back lighted dust particles on a daily basis! One of the downsides of raised keys I have found. I have a skin condition that makes this a bigger issue for me (I won't gross you out about it though!).

A simple keyboard disable key combo or something similar would be appreciated (CTRL+Shift+MR for instance to toggle on and off).

Comment

Hi Deadman3000,

Speaking of a disable key combo, our keyboard team is still in internal discussion on how to best implement a key combination for possible keyboard disable, since it may interfere with various other underlying functions that may not be obvious to end users. We'll have our keyboard team work this out.

Comment

Working...
        X