Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile switch on Ripjaws MX780

Hi,

first of all, thank you for this wonderful in every aspect mouse.

I have a doubt/trouble trying to swap profiles automatically when a program is executed. This is my setup right now:

Profile1: Default lightning
    Profile2: Lightning setup #A linked to a program A
    Profile2: Lightning setup #B linked to a program B

I have activated as well the checkbox 'Enable Profile Switch' and everytime I modified any profile or even exiting the config application I saved it to the mouse.

But, when I executed any of the programs linked, the lightning blinks for a second, then reverts to its previous state. If with the linked program running I bring up the mouse config application, then it changes to the proper profile but doesn't revert to the default profile on exit of any of the applications.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is this a defect/issue with the mouse (which I hope not because I love it)?

Any tips/help appreciated

-- EDIT:

SW version: 0.75
    FW version: 19 (but it happened as well with the prior version as I bought the mouse earlier in March)
    USB port: 2.0 at least
    MB: have to check it when I get home
    AV: Avast antivirus
    Last edited by malfeo; 04-05-2016, 04:42 AM. Reason: Added technical information

Hi malfeo,

The current software is unable to automatically switch back to a default profile upon existing a program. It can only load a certain profile when a program is opened.

For a workaround, you can link the default profile to explorer.exe, like what one of our user have done with his KM780 keyboard profiles: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=13808

If we are not understanding your issue correctly, please let us know. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the reply and fowarding to that tip.

I will try this evening when I get home and check if it solves as well the other problem (which makes sense as the mouse might think the Default profile has priority)

Fingers crossed!

Comment

The workaround doesn't work

The main issue is the inability to change the profile on program launch. To quote you:

Originally posted by GSKILL
        It can only load a certain profile when a program is opened.
        This is the feauter which is failing. It seems to recognize that the program is launched as the GSkill logo blinks white for a second but then returns to the actual loaded profile and not the linked one.

You can check my setup attached. I linked 'Default' to explorer.exe and 'Fallout 4' to Fallout4Launcher (for easy testing). 'Default' has no lights and 'Fallout 4' has a range of greenies.

So, at the start, the profile loaded is 'Default'. When I run the Fallout4 launcher, the GSkill logo blinks white, but doenst change to green after all. If the setup, I swap the profile order (#1 Fallout4, #2 Default), the first profile is always active no matter its linked program has been run or not, so it seems this order takes precedence over everything else.

I don't mind to have to switch back to a previous profile when I exit from a program but want to change it automatically if I have the program linked.

Any ideas?
        Attached Files

Comment

We see what you mean. We'll let our software team know about the link program issue, and will get back to you when we hear back from them.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Comment

Hi Malfeo,

Our software team has confirmed and identified this as a software bug. This will be fixed in the next software update.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Comment

Working...
            X