How to Stop Macro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Stop Macro?

Hi All! This is my First Post (I'm sure there will be many more.) I just bought a KM780 MX. I'm finely Sick of my Logitech Hardware always braking after 1 year... Not to my First Question:

I make a lot of elaborate macros some are vary long for example 9min.

How do I stop a macro dead in mid cycle?
    For instance say I'm running a 9min macro and I want to go type something after 4 mins. On my old Logitech KB I would just hit the "MR" button 2 times and it would stop all running macros instantly.

So, No one knows How to do this? I would think it would be kind of an important thing to have. The only Other Option is having to wait such a long time for a macro to finish it's cycle and when you have Dual Monitors and are Clicking and out of Games, waiting for a 4min + Macro so stop it Way to long...

Comment

dont think you can
      have this issue playing ffxiv when i hit the wrong button and screw up my attack sequence
      just gotta suffer through it and hope nobody dies lol

Comment

Hi,

Would you mind exporting that 9 minute macro and send it to us at techsupport@gskill.com, saying that you're Hypnos from the G.SKILL forums? We'll have our keyboard team look at what you have set, and we'll see if there's any way to stop a macro mid-way.

Would you also let us know which software and firmware version you are using, and which Windows version you are using?

Thank you!

Comment

I didn't make the Macro for this MX Red yet. There is no reason to make them If I can't stop them... Also I still have my Logic G13 that I can use my old macros on. It really doesn't mater the macro type or amount of time it takes. There just needs to be a way Stop All Running Macros maybe that "Timer Key" that I bet almost no one uses...

I can make one of my macros to send your Tech Team just to entertain your request, but really the macro it's self is irrelevant to the question/request.

P.S. Thanks for the Reply.

Comment

Wow! I quickly made one of the Macros (It's about 5mins) and it works but there is No Way to stop it short of Unplugging the KB! That is Really Bad! I'll Send them the Macro with a Link to this Thread in the Email.

Comment

Hi Hypnos,

Our tech support team got your macro file, and has been passed to our software team to see how we can build this function into the keyboard.

We would like your macro, mainly to see how our users set up a long macro. Sometimes there are minor differences between our test cases and actual user cases. So for accuracy's sake, we asked for an exported file.

Hopefully we'll have some good news from the software team and have it as an update.

Thanks!

Comment

Well that is a Awesome Update! I'm vary impressed your taking the time to update this post and looking in to improving your product bast on customer response! G.Skill seem to be a proactive company. I'm happy to make new threads with new ideas and problems I might find with the KB.

Comment

I made an autorun macro for a game (press shift, press w, wait maximum possible time, release both) and I can start it by hitting the key I bound it to and end it (well before the timer is up) by hitting the key again. I believe I used the option for holding the macro/key when I bound it but I'm at work and can't remember the details.

Comment

I'm AFK when my macros are running most of the time. So holding a key is not an option.

Comment

Holding the key isn't necessary. Somewhere in the process of binding the key there's a drop-down field with an option that was something like "hold/maintain keypress".

Comment

I know, the option is "Toggle" and you can't stop a Toggled Marco mid Macro. That is what my OP is about.

Comment

I'm at home now. I checked my settings. What I was calling "hold/maintain keypress" was actually named "toggle continuous using assigned key", so we're talking about the same thing but I'm positive it will break when the key is hit again (not sure if it might have been changed in an update but I'm running Firmware 37, Software 0.71) . I hit the key and without holding it, my character runs. He either runs for the maximum possible time and then stops or runs until I hit the key again. V and ^ represent arrows up or down. O represents the clock symbol. The macro is:

V L Shift
                          V W
                          O 655.35 seconds delay
                          ^ W
                          ^ L Shift

------------------------------------------------------
                          I didn't feel like waiting 655 seconds to make sure my character stopped, so to make sure that "toggle continuous using assigned key" was executing everything and not just holding shift and W down until I hit the key again, I made a second macro and tried it (control is crouch):

V L Ctrl
                          O 1 seconds delay
                          ^ L Ctrl
                          O 1 seconds delay
                          V L Ctrl
                          O 1 seconds delay
                          ^ L Ctrl
                          -------------------------------------------------
                          The result is that the character crouches for 1s, stands for 1s, and the macro loops until I hit the key again. Well, looking at the macro he probably stands at the end of the macro and immediately crouches because the loop starts again. My point is you should be able to enter your macro and bind it to a key using "toggle continuous using assigned key". It shouldn't need to make it all the way through the macro for the second keypress to break it. My autorun never sees the end of the timer before I stop it.

"Toggle continuous using assigned key" makes more sense to me now that I played with it some. Now I know that it means the macro executes continuously until toggled again. My first assumption was that it was intended to hold a key or combination of keys down continuously and I ended up with a macro that was spamming keys (press, release, no delays, loop) instead of holding them down. It was possibly the reason I caught an automated anticheat warning and people would occasionally complain about a rash of bad lag that everyone on the server was experiencing but me. :S I'm guessing most online games would autokick after a few seconds of it and give you the reason but this one is an early access. There are still sometimes rashes of lag that I don't see and the anticheat throws false positives and local bans from time to time when an update breaks something though, so who knows. Fortunately I only used the macro keys a handful of times before realizing and correcting the spamming.

I know I'm probably over-explaining. The extra level of detail is there for whoever else might benefit from it.

Comment

I see your using a different Keyboard them me. The newest Firmware for the MX is SW 0.85
                            FW 27, you have the RGB and your Firmware is old there on 46 now :
                            http://www.gskill.com/en/download/vi...aming-keyboard

Comment

Hi Hynos and jepeit77,

It does seem like the RGB keyboard can halt a macro delay during toggle off, while the MX keyboard continues to complete the macro even after the toggle off.

Our team will be looking into this and see if a fix can be included in a firmware/software update.

We thank both of you for your inputs and feedback to help make the software better!

Comment

Working...
                              X