Setting a macro for key release instead of down-press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting a macro for key release instead of down-press

So it looks to me like the software always executes a macro when I press a key down, even though I can set a delay between the down-press and the up. Is there a way to set the keyboard so the macro is executed when I let go of the key? There are lots of games I play where I need to be able to hold down a key and release at the right moment. I need the macro to execute when I let go of the key, not when I first press it down. Starting the macro record while I already have the key pressed down still triggers the down-press.

Sorry if this is in another thread.

Hi,

If you're only in need of a single key press (up and down) linked to a different key (like G6, for example), then you can use Customer > Key Assignment (click G6) > Keyboard > Redefine key to...

This will allow G6 key to operate the same as another key.

If you need well-timed release of two or more keys... then let us know which game and which key combination you are using, and we'll see if there's anything we can do for you.

Comment

I'm playing League of Legends. I would like to do mostly 2 button press combos quickly.

Case #1 playing Annie:
      I would like to be able to hold down 'W' and when I release the 'W' key I want it to press 'E' and then press 'Q'

I've made this macro work without being able to hold down 'W' but there are times when I would like to hold it down so I can see the range indicator.

Case #2 playing Vi:
      I would like to hold down 'Q' and then have 'E' pressed when I release 'Q'

In this case holding down Q is critical because its a charged attack that gives more range/damage as it is charged.

Thanks!

Comment

This is an advanced macro function that would require a overhaul of the macro system we currently have in place. At this moment, our focus is on improving other aspects of the software.

The good news is that our software schedule does include a macro system improvement in the future, so we'll be able to include such functions into the macro system.

Comment

Have you tried using the smart cast in League of Legends? This feature would allow you to perform the quick actions you've mentioned.

Comment

Working...
          X