Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI GE72 6QF & Memory DDR4

Hey G.Skill and everybody,

I purchased a MSI GE72 6QF gaming laptop... Then I decided to upgrade the laptop memory from 16GB to 32GB using G.Skill memory which should run at 2800Mhz... Unfortunately, it's only running at 2400Mhz, i'm using it's using one of the JEDEC configs and NOT the XMP configuration...

The memory runs fine at 2400Mhz, Memtested successfully. However, wondered if anyone else had experience with these laptops and were able to get their memory running the XMP profile. But, i'm thinking i'm more than likely SOL...

Thanks
    AJ

Latest BIOS? MSI says 2800 is compatible? BIOS supports XMP?

Comment

I am running the latest BIOS... MSI hasn't said the 2800Mhz is or isn't compatible with my laptop... Lastly, the BIOS doesn't have an option to either enable or disable XMP support.

I know that there are software solutions to Overclock CPU's & Video Cards... Are there software solutions to adjust the timings of your memory?

Just seeing if anyone has run into this issue, and were able to get around it some way...

Thanks
      AJ

Comment

Hi AJ

Sounds like it simply isn't supported.

With RAM, there is no third party work around. It is all dependent on the motherboard manufacturer (BIOS).

Comment

Thanks for your response...

Yea i figured as much... Somebody on MSI's forum is offering to unlock the BIOS on my machine which should give me a slew of options however I'm not crazy about somebody giving me a BIOS which bricks my laptop...

So I figured probably be best just run it the way it is...

AJ

Comment

Working...
          X