Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL7-4GB Voltage Settings on GA-EP45T-UD3LR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7-4GB Voltage Settings on GA-EP45T-UD3LR?

My system was fast and stable at default bios settings for the memory before I manually changed it to 7-7-7-18. I think it was around 9 by default. I read some posts, but couldn't find anything on my MoBo or memory. My system now lags greatly. I'm going to reset back to default to see if that helps, otherwise its Windows 7 64-bit is messed up and going to do an reinstall. I wonder if because at first I had the memory at 1.5v for several days when I changed the CL to 7 that it could have slowly corrupted the O/S as I've read in other posts?

CL 7-7-7-18
    XMP Profile Used (should I not enable this?) it change the tRFC from 74 to 60.
    Memory set to 1.64v (was at 1.5v for several days at first)
    MCH Core 1.3v - should it be 1.4v?
    Processor 1.25v

What are some other voltage settings that should be used?
    Termination Volt, etc?

Please advise.

Thank You
    -Chris
    Intel Quad Core Q9550 2.83 GHz
    Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR
    Cosair 650TX Power Supply
    G.Skill DDR3 1333Mhz CL7 4GB (2GB x 2)
    G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120 GB SSD
    Sapphire Radeon HD4870 Graphics
    Windows 7 64-bit

XMP Profile should be disabled since everything is entered manually.
    The memory should be set at 1.64V since 1.50V may not be enough to operate at 1333.
    MCH Core is fine at 1.20V since you are only 2 sticks. It is only necessary to increase this when you are using 4 sticks for 8GB.
    Other voltages are fine on AUTO especially since your processor is not overclocked.

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I decided to not manually enter the values but, rather use the XMP profile since I don't know what to manually enter for the other advanced values such as tRFC, etc. I reinstalled Windows 7 RTM version (previously had RC). The voltage is at 1.64 and reduced MCH Core to 1.20v. Everything so far seems to be running fine, no errors in the event viewer, passed Microsoft's mem test, and no BSOD's. I really do think the lower voltage I had at first corrupted the O/S over time. Now everything is fine for the past several days :-) I'll update if anything happens.

FYI: My USB external HD caused the starting of windows to slow down after reading about it in other forums. I disconnected it and now windows boots up in ~15 sec
      Intel Quad Core Q9550 2.83 GHz
      Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR
      Cosair 650TX Power Supply
      G.Skill DDR3 1333Mhz CL7 4GB (2GB x 2)
      G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120 GB SSD
      Sapphire Radeon HD4870 Graphics
      Windows 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
      X