Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Key does not light on certain European Ripjaws KM780 RGB keyboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key does not light on certain European Ripjaws KM780 RGB keyboard.

I've just purchased a UK version of the Ripjaws KM780 RGB keyboard with Cherry MX Browns. I immediately noticed an issue with the tilde/hash key not lighting up. I was worried it was going to be a hardware fault so reset the keyboard to test which put the keyboard back into lighting effect 'wave' mode. The key lit up fine. However upon going back to background/single key mode the key became unlit again. The software is 0.86 and firmware 46 and *YES* it is set to both UK and UK layout in both the KM780 software and Windows 10.

Upon Googling I found that a German user has a similar problem.

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/g-...-probleme.html

Rough translation.

"2. Single lighting faulty.

When using single lighting 2 buttons are not illuminated at which the effect lighting work, however:

Press the <> | and key # '

Generally me the lighting seems very weak. In all other reviews it shines stronger.
    One can hardly recognize the numbers or generally the 2nd row of the lettering on the keyboard.
    It seems to me before as if the problem of the German version of the keyboard! "

As you can see his hash key also does not light.

I am hoping this can be fixed in a future update.

The other issue I have apart from the less intuitive software and certain restrictions on colors is that there is no option to add custom Windows shortcuts. For instance in the Logitech software I could assign a key to a power profile selection using 'powercfg -S 'profile' quite easily. There is no such option in the KM780 software. Instead I have to create a desktop shortcut, assign a hotkey combo and them record that combo as a macro and finally assign it to a G key. Very frustrating and long winded.

Other than that the keyboard seems very well put together. Here's hoping my bugbears are addressed promptly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DeadMan3000; 03-10-2016, 12:57 PM. Reason: Added picture and corrected grammar

Hi, This issue is already been reported and is being addressed and will be in a future patch update. The two keys staying unlit during single-key lighting setting occurs with 105-key layout keyboards, and the last update seems to only correct the Spanish layout. We're still working on patches for the other layouts.

Currently, command line inputs are not supported, but we'll let our keyboard team know about this and they'll see how to best work this feature into a future software version.

Our software is updated often with these fixes. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The issue still exists in update 102 despite me reporting it several times.

Comment

I have the UK layout and the # key doesn't light for me, also not fixed in latest update.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry about the delayed fix for this issue. The patch for this is being worked on as we speak. To confirm, the second key to the right of the "L" key was unlit in our tests in the UK layouts.

If it's not the same key, please do try a profile reset in the driver setting (wrench icon).

Comment

For me it is the # ~ key that is not lit as per the picture posted by DeadMan3000 shows above. This is on the UK Layout, the firmware has been upgraded and reset with no changes.

Comment

Hi Gormond,

The issue of keys to the right of the "L" key not lighting is currently being patched. If there are no major schedule delays, then we're expecting the update to be available in the coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                Hi Gormond,

The issue of keys to the right of the "L" key not lighting is currently being patched. If there are no major schedule delays, then we're expecting the update to be available in the coming week.
                That's great, I look forward to it.

It's a real pity the software on this keyboard has been so incomplete since I bought it as the hardware build quality has been excellent. I couldn't recommend these to any of my friends and family until all this has been sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormond View Post
                  That's great, I look forward to it.

It's a real pity the software on this keyboard has been so incomplete since I bought it as the hardware build quality has been excellent. I couldn't recommend these to any of my friends and family until all this has been sorted.
                  New update has fixed my issue, thanks for that. I would happily recommend this keyboard now

Comment

Working...
                  X