What is the point of the Timer button? G.Skill KM780 MX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of the Timer button? G.Skill KM780 MX

I've just bought an new G.Skill KM780 MX and saw and button with an timer icon.

What is the point of that? The only use I figured out is to enable another effect on the keyboard, but I can't set the duration of the effect.

Or is an future function that it will be implemented?

Thanks
    Last edited by S Pimenta; 03-05-2016, 12:24 AM.

The settings to the timer button is under the "Setting" section of the software (middle column, bottom half).

You can set an on-screen display or keyboard lighting effect to remind you when the time is up. Time length can also be set (in seconds) in the same "Setting" section of the software. Do make sure to "Save to Device Memory" to apply the settings to the keyboard.

After you have finished setting up, to use the timer function, press the timer key once to activate the timer. The timer key will blink when running. When the time is up, the on screen display, if enabled, will appear on the top right corner of the screen (we'll see if we can implement text color options in the future), the lighting effect will activate, and the timer key will stay lit. Press the timer key again to deactivate, which will also turn off the lighting effect and the on screen display.

Since there's no audio (speakers) inside the keyboard, we've opted to design and implement visual cues for this timer function.

Thanks!

Comment

this is a nice feature.
      but it was difficult to setup for me only because the check box to the left was almost indistinguishable from the background color of the application itself. i just didn't even notice a box was there to be checked until the 3rd or 4th time checking to see what the problem was.
      giving options for alternate skins or just changing the check boxes to a different color than the background would make this easier.
      MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

We'll let our software team know about this, and perhaps we can find a way to work around this in the future.

May we know your screen resolution? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
          We'll let our software team know about this, and perhaps we can find a way to work around this in the future.

May we know your screen resolution? Thank you.
          1920x1080 27"

actual snip of the interface at real-time desktop ratio. you can see the similarity of checkbox color vs application background for reference:
          Last edited by GObonzo; 03-25-2016, 06:07 AM. Reason: adding descriptive image
          MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

We'll let our design team know about your feedback and see what we can do to improve the software design in the future.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X