Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4266c19d-8gtz

Hello,

I have a question about this memory F4-4266C19D-8GTZ.

Currently I have a i7 5960X in a Asus x99e ws Motherboard with 8 sticks of 4 GB F4-3200C16Q-16GTZB running at 3200Hz, latest bios.

I'm looking to upgrade this machine when the new i7 6950X comes out.

While researching my current memory I came across the memory listed above and wanted to see if it would work in my current Motherboard.

I've not been able to find any place where they have tested this memory with this board.

I've looked at both ASUS website, G.Skill website, G. Skill Ram Configurator, the QVL for both the board and memory. None of which show each other.

The only Motherboard I see listed for the memory is a z170 and it isn't a top of the line version.

You would figure, if someone is going to speed more than $600 on the Memory, he/she would probably be putting it into a high end Motherboard so why not test those 2 together?

Any information about this memory combined with this motherborad would help since I'm still several months away from upgrading the system.
    Last edited by Zalster; 02-26-2016, 10:56 AM.

Z170 supports a higher DRAM Frequency, which is why DDR4-4266 is tested with it. You can overclock your current set up to see how high it can go, but you will find it doesn't go up much higher as 3200 is nearing limits of the CPU memory controller. The new CPU may be able to support higher, but even 4266 may be difficult. Quad channel and more modules is more difficult to reach extreme frequency compared to dual channel.

To answer your question, the RAM may work, but the maximum DRAM Frequency will be limited by your processor/motherboard.

Comment

Ok thank you for response

Comment

Working...
      X