KM780 RGB software issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 RGB software issue

Tried installing the software, install went fine but when I try to open the program no window opens. Programs shows to be running in the task manager but no icon on the task bar and no open window. Never had a problem like this before and I'm kind of stumped.

Terminate any related tasks/processes in Task Manager

Right click 'Run as Administrator' and see if that comes up. What version of Windows are you using? Also, what version FW/SW for the keyboard?

Comment

Hello,

So I have been having the same issue. I am running fully up to date Win7 64bit. Most of the time I have to uninstall the program and then re-install. Stopping the process and then running as admin works about 25% of the time. rest of the time its a new install.

I have used both versions of the software that you have available. The 0.87 seems to work better, but still hasn't corrected the issue. The longer I have it installed also seems to correlate with the ability to open the software for some reason. I have even tried installing as admin and giving full privileges, same issue.

Comment

Hi,

May we know if you have any frequently used settings or if multiple profiles/modes/macro/lighting profiles have been created?

Thank you.

Comment

I have created roughly 3-4 lighting profiles total. But as of right now there is only one. Haven't used any of the effects lighting besides just seeing what it looks like. Keyboard is always solid color, with a few different colors based on zones that I use.

No gaming, macro or other profile types. Just messed with the lighting.

Comment

Still looking for an update on this.

Comment

You might want to try uninstalling the software (and check the paths to make sure setting folders are deleted), downgrade the firmware, and reinstall the software+firmware again.

It seems like either there's old settings that is preventing the software to open or something stuck in the firmware that causes the software to not open. Kindly let us know after you have completed the steps below. Thank you.

To uninstall:
              1. Uninstall through Windows Control Panel
              2. Make sure the following folders/paths are deleted:
              - C:\Program Files (x86)\G.Skill\G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB
              - C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\G_SKILL\G.SKIL L RIPJAWS KM780 RGB

To downgrade the firmware:
              Please see the instructions below to lower the firmware version, then follow step 9c to reinstall the software and firmware.

Download link: http://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/...780_RGB_46.zip

================================
              -------- INSTRUCTIONS ----------
              ================================

1. Locate the small hole under the leg standoff on the upper left corner (underside of the MR key).
              2. Unplug the keyboard.
              3. Use a paper clip, or something similar, and insert into hole. You should feel a click or something pressed down.
              4. While it is being pressed, insert and connect both USB connectors. Keyboard will not function and LED will not light at this time.
              5. Go to My Computer, there should be a drive with 64KB size (Drive Name: "CRP DISABLD" or "CRP1 ENABLD").
              6. Delete the drive contents (should be a single file named "firmware.bin"), then copy the GSKILL_KM780_RGB_V0037.bin file into the drive.
              7. Remove the paper clip, and reconnect the USB again.
              8. Once keyboard LED is lit up, confirm keyboard is functioning by pressing Windows key.
              9a. Execute and run FWUpdate.exe from the "FWUpdate_KM780_RGB_46" folder, with Administrator rights (right click on FWUpdate.exe and click "Run as Administrator"). Wait until update is complete.
              9b. Alternatively, if the G.SKILL driver software is already installed, the paired firmware version can also be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\G.Skill\G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB\FWUpdate
              9c. If G.SKILL driver software is not installed, you may obtain the latest firmware version by downloading and installing the G.SKILL latest software driver from the G.SKILL website. (www.gskill.com/en/download)

Comment

Working...
              X