Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with F4-2666C15Q-GRR and Asus X99 Pro

Hi all,

I have this 32Gb kit which I was using with MSI X99A MPOWER motherboard without any problem. But later the MB went faulty and I couldn't get the RMA due to some reasons. So, I purchased Asus X99 Pro MB. Although the RAM and the MB both are listed in Asus and G.Skill QVL but when I assembled the system, it was not detecting the RAM and showing LED error code 53 which I checked in the manual is Memory initialization error (Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed). I went for the RMA and got the replacement board, but the same error was in that board too. Asus service centre people checked the MB with their Corsair 2133Mhz RAM and it was working fine. So, I applied the refund on incompatibility basis. Now, can you please suggest a MB compatible with this RAM, I don't want to go for MSI due to my previous bad experience in their service. Also USB 3.1 versions are not available in my country(India) neither in Asus nor in MSI. Thanks.
    Last edited by Puneet; 01-21-2016, 12:54 PM.

Did you try one module at a time to see if each can boot up?

The RAM is compatible so it is strange the system can not boot

Comment

Yes, I had tried one module at a time in different slots, with XMP switch on and off and also tried the MemOK button but it did not work. I contacted Asus guys, they gave me a chance to test my RAM with X99 Deluxe MB also at their service center but the same LED error 53. I don’t think all four of my DIMMs are gone faulty, it should be the compatibility issue only. If Asus boards are not working with it kindly advise some other company’s MB which are tested with this model of RAM.

Comment

Hi,
        No replies on this thread from last 15 days… GSkill Tech? Anyways, last time Asus guys told me that it could be the problem with CPU also bcoz the memory controller is built in CPU, so I RMAed the CPU and got the replacement CPU. I took it to Asus again. When they tested it, the CPU and MB was working fine with the other 2133 RAM they have, but no display and same error code 53 with this model of GSkill RAM. Is there any manufacturing defect with this RAM?? Bcoz I have tested it with 4 different Asus motherboards and two CPUs and it was not working. And, also I am not alone with this problem, I googled it and found a person with this same problem. Here is the link for that:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...37&SID=rewrite .

If it's the problem with this model of RAM, Should I RMA it? Please suggest a solution. Thanks in advance.
        Last edited by Puneet; 02-12-2016, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Feel free to send it in for RMA to see if a new kit works better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
          X