Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32GB DDR4-3200MHz and ASUS X99 Deluxe

Hello,

I purchased a GSkill 32GB (4x8GB) Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz CL16 kit from Newegg a few days ago, when I purchased it I know that achieving 3200MHz CL16 is a hit or miss on a X99 platform, so my actual target is 3000MHz CL14 or CL15.

The thing is when I got my got my RAM I immediately tested them two sticks at a time, both pass Memtest with speeds of 3000MHz CL15.0-15-15-35 1T @ 1.35V with 1.16V SA.

The problem is that when I put them together (All four sticks) I cannot get the system to be stable, not even at 1.25v SA, not even at 2600MHz CL18.

For the secondary timings I'm using whats in the XMP profile (416T TFRC, 35T FAW, 7T RRDL & RRDS).

Help will be appreciated otherwise I'll need to swap it with a 2x16GB kit to avoid the hassle.

System specs:-
    Intel Core i7-5820K 4.6GHz@1.3v 1.91v VCCIN (Stable)
    ASUS X99 Deluxe with the latest 2101 BIOS
    1.16V SA, 1.35V DRAM, 1.91V VCCIN, rest of voltages are at stock.

Hi

Did you used two 2x8GB memory kit to got 32GB? Or just a single 4x8GB memory kit for your system? Your motherboard should be able to handle 3000MHz/4x8GB as well, but your case could be the incompatible between these two memory kits. Please kindly let us know the full part number of your current memory module.
    Or you can update the latest version of motherboard BIOS, clear CMOS and enable XMP profile, then lower the DRAM frequency as 3000MHz/2800MHz and see how it works.

Let us know if you have any issue.

Comment

I bought two 2x8GB kits, part number is F4-3200C16D-16GVK

If I enable XMP profile the system will not post.

I'm already running the latest BIOS as I mentioned and tried these suggestions before, unfortunately they don't work.

Comment

Thanks for the ignorance GSkill.

Comment

You need to exchange for a single kit of RAM. It is possible two separate kits do not work well together in a single computer.

Comment

Can I RMA them?? And can they send me 2x16GB kit instead??

Comment

Contact the RMA dept and they will be able to assist you

rma@gskillusa.com

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

I've contacted them and they said they can only guarantee 2400MHz CL15 for 32GB kits on the X99 chipset, what load of BS considering you guys sell 128GB (8x16 GB) 3000MHz kits and recommend 64GB 2800MHz for the same platform.

You've just lost a long time customer, I've been buying only GSkill (since the famous DDR2 HK kits with the Micron chips) My RAM will be sent back to Newegg and I will get a refund and buy other brands from now on, I will also leave a 1 star feedback on Newegg for people to see how GSkill really works when you request support for their failed promises.

Comment

Can you forward that to me so I can take a look?

I can help you but you need to work with me rather than focusing on other things that won't help the situation

ustech@gskillusa.com

Comment

I think I already mentioned they are going back to Newegg for a refund, I think 13 days since I started the thread is long enough for your company to solve my problem but hey I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X