"Save to device memory" profile problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Save to device memory" profile problem

Each time I play a game that I have associated to a profile with "link program", that profile is stored in the device memory, and then my "default" profile (the one I use for Windows, and most programs and games) is no more saved, and it is "inactive", and the keyboard works with the profile that was stored into its memory.

It happens every single time I play a game that I have associated with a profile.

Why is this happening? Is it a known problem?

So you mean you can no longer use the Windows profile and it is permanently set to gaming profile?

Comment

I can use the windows profile, but it is not stored in the device. It changes every time I play a game.

For example, I just saved my "default" profile. I open Arma3, for which I have a profile liked to the program, and it is immediately saved to device mem. Then I play Rainbow Six, and the same, that Rainbow Six profile is saved to device memory.

Then when I close the game that profile is still in the device memory instead of my default profile.

I could try making a video, but it would probably take ages to upload. (plus I really don't know how to record my desktop)

Comment

Hi there,

The program link is set so that it loads and saves a certain keyboard profile when a specific program is loaded. So there's no "reverting back to desktop profile", since it's difficult to detect when you've returned to desktop and staying there.

A workaround would be linking your default keyboard profile to a small *.exe file that you can open whenever you want to revert back to the default keyboard profile after exiting a game.

We'll let our software team know about your feedback and see if there's any way we can make going back to a default keyboard profile easier.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi, thanks for your answer.

That "workaround" wouldn't be much useful, since I can just open the app and change it, as I've been doing.

Just as a suggestion, you can do the same as Logitech do in their program, and link the profiles to the "active" window, and not store then in the device memory, just make them go active. That way you can have a default profile that changes into .exe linked profiles whenever a program is running and it is the active window. That would also make multiscreen and multitasking better. With my old Logi I had a profile for Word, another for Chrome, and so on, so multitasking in multiple screens was really easy, and I could have access to all my profiles at the same time.

I think the keyboard is great, I love it in fact, but the software need some more work. Since you are new to the software aspect I hope it will improve over time.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, and we are continually making improvements to our software. We'll pass your feedback to our development team and see what can be done to make better implementations in our software.

If you have any further comments or feedback, please let us know at any time. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X