Trident Z Mixing and Spec Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z Mixing and Spec Clarification

I am interested in the Trident Z DDR4 3200 kits (2x8GB) and have two questions regarding them:

1) Will you clarify what is meant by this statement in you FAQ section:

“We do not recommend mixing memory kits, regardless of brand or model.”

Does this refer to “mixing” two of the exact same kits together? Meaning, I plan to buy one kit of the 16GB (2x8GB) Trident Z DDR 4 3200 (F4-3200C16D-16GTZ) now, and in the future add a second of the same exact kit for a total of 32GB. Is this not recommended? Is it better to buy a 32GB (4x8GB) kit instead?

And/or, does the FAQ statement refer to mixing completely different kits together- for example if I got the 16GB Trident Z DDR 4 3200 GTZ kit mentioned above and then later added the 16GB “GTZB”3200 kit or 16GB 3000 kits- basically, something other than the exact same spec’d 3200 kit I would originally have?

2) You list a GTZ and GTZB version of the kits I am looking at. I see that the “B” version has slightly higher timings compared to the non-B version (18-18-38 vs 16-16-36). In another post on the forums I see that it is confirmed this is the only difference. Therefore, I assume the GTZ with lower timings is “better,” but I want to make sure I’m not overlooking something or unaware of some benefit the higher timed “B” model provides?

Correct, it is recommended to use a single kit of RAM in each computer. By mixing or using multiple kits in a single computer, the specifications are no longer guaranteed.

The same exact model of RAM does not mean they are 100% identical, it only means the specs are the same, but each memory module is still unique so they are not guaranteed to work at full speed together.

The GTZ model with lower timings is indeed better

Comment

Thank you for clarifying with a great description!

Comment

This is indeed helpful!

Comment

Working...
        X