Shared Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Profiles

Does anyone know of any website that shares color profiles for kb780? I'm more on the lazy side of making things like that :S

Akin to this: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/rgbshare/hall-of-fame

In future revisions, there will be profiles available to select from.

Comment

Thanks for the response!

I was also curious, after looking through those profiles, will we also have the same kind of ability to do things such as having the LEDs flicker in and out on their own in different colors? Some of the ones people have made on there are crazy; we just need time for software and a little creativity right?

Comment

haha yea, very detailed programming is required, but we'll pass info to the engineers to see if they can offer that custom-ability.

Comment

I really hope so It's really nice when it's working though!

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            ...very detailed programming is required...
            is that insinuating that all of us should have gone with Corsair because they have a staff that can handle "very detailed programming" and G.Skill doesn't?
            MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

Hi GObonzo,

Not at all. We do apologize for any misunderstandings.

Regarding the keyboard, there's two main directions in terms of keyboard design that supports advanced functions: software and hardware. Certain keyboards rely entirely on software that enables settings and allow complex settings. However, without the software installed, the keyboard is reduced to its basic typing functions and maybe a few bonus settings if it has on-board memory. On the other end of the spectrum is entirely hardware, where keyboard lighting and functions are hardwired into the keyboard, requiring no software for any advanced functions, so functionality is the same on any system. But this also means that functions may be simplified or limited.

The G.SKILL KM780 keyboards was designed and developed with the idea of being the most feature packed keyboard on the market by merging the best of both worlds. We hope to bring you the best hardware features and allowing software level customizations without complete dependency on software, so you would still have functionality (like on-the-fly macro recording, individually programmable keys, lighting, mode switching, etc.) saved onto the keyboard without using the software. We're continually improving and expanding the functions of the software, and your feedback is valuable in shaping the software, in addition to our already planned development schedule.

We thank you for taking the plunge with us by choosing the KM780 keyboard.

Comment

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...near#post79043

a thread where hopefully we can start some type of community profile sharing here. seems G.Skill isn't interested in the idea themselves.
                MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

Hi GObonzo,

We're definitely into the idea of a profile community, but we've been working on pinning down the structure of the exported files so there's less chances for compatibility issues between old and new versions in the future. As well as trying to set up a possible centralized upload/download system so users like yourself can get profiles easily.

In any case, it is certainly about time to go public on this. After the next update to KM780 RGB (SW >0.103) within the next week, we will be opening up a dedicated section for profile sharing in the forum, which would also include any relevant information regarding profile sharing.
                  Last edited by G.SKILL; 06-20-2016, 01:01 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                    ...After the next update to KM780 RGB (SW >0.103) within the next week, we will be opening up a dedicated section for profile sharing in the forum, which would also include any relevant information regarding profile sharing.
                    sounds good. a few of the reviews i've seen for the KM780 RGB have really focused on the lack of available profiles out there. and even for those who still have trouble creating their own, this should be a good option.

Comment

I want the ability to execute shortcuts other than the default Windows shortcuts more than anything right now. Right now in order to execute a command such as 'C:\Windows\System32\powercfg.exe -S 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c' I had to create a .bat file and then assign a Windows shortcut to it and in the keyboard software assign 'ctrl-alt-b' to a macro and then assign that to a key. Very clunky! On my old Logitech keyboard it was so easy to assign directly to a key.

Comment

Working...
                      X