Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBLX + ASUS P5Q3 + Core 2 Quad 9400

Dear G.Skill,

I've been running the Asus P5Q3 for a few years now, with 4GB of Corsair CM3X2G1333C9DHX RAM, and bought some new G.Skill RAM for it the other day - G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) F3-12800CL9D-8GBLX Intel XMP Ready – with black PCBs (https://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/...=153&sid=73306).

I realise this is 'new' RAM and an 'old' motherboard, but I had seen forum posts stating that this RAM, with the F3-12800CL9D-8GBLX product number, works in the P5Q3 board. However, I've also seen mention of differences between black and green PCB – and of problems with the black PCB ones, which I have.

I haven't been able to get the PC to post once with either of the new RAM sticks in any socket.

I've been trying some of the suggestions for similar setups I've seen in the G.Skill forums, but since I can't get it to post, and the screen is always blank, I have to change the settings in the BIOS, switch off, swapping the original for the new RAM, boot up (nothing, always blank), then work in reverse to get back into the BIOS and restore the original settings.

I know that the P5Q3 is extremely particular about RAM, so I'm wondering if this RAM is compatible at all, and if so, what BIOS settings do I need?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Attached are CPU-Z pics of my current setup.
    Attached Files

Some very early 2x4GB kits might work, but most recent stuff probably won't. Especially if your RipjawsX are single sided, so eight 4Gbit ICs on one side of the modules, then the memory density is probably too high for LGA775. I had similar problems with my abit IX48-GT3 and Foxconn BlackOps myself and settled with 4x2GB in the end.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
    X