Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock X99 Extreme6 - F4-3000C15Q2-32GRBB Compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock X99 Extreme6 - F4-3000C15Q2-32GRBB Compatibility?

I recently purchased the F4-3000C15Q2-32GRBB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 as part of building a brand new computer for video editing. The ASRock X99 Extreme6 lists as compatible with DDR4 up to and over 3000Mhz, but when I found that the XMP 2.0 profile of 3000Mhz would lock my new computer into a state where it couldn't boot back up without a manual CMOS reset or 2 failures to boot in a row (fail-safe override), I went to your web site and discovered that this particular model/bundle of DDR4 lists absolutely nothing under QVL, which makes it sound like nothing can run the product at it's listed specs.

Every driver for the motherboard, windows 8.1 64-bit, and every other piece of hardware on the system is fully updated, with the other hardware being:

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Graphics Card
    EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Power Supply 80PLUS Platinum Certified
    Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor BX80648I75820K

Having paid $600 for this RAM, and seeing as it is now running at 1866Mhz according to Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, I'd rather have a solution for how to run this product up to spec of 3000mhz than being stuck with DDR4 that operates at DDR3 speeds and a 1 star review on Amazon as my only solace. RAM speeds make a big difference for video editing, hence why I went with the 3000mhz rated set in the first place.

Try one stick at a time to see if each can work up to speed.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

If possible, post some pictures of BIOS so I can see if everything is detected properly.

Comment

The BIOS is fully up to date, today and for the past week. I just stress tested (It passed) the full set (8x4gb) at 2400Mhz under the non-OC frequency, without the XMP 2.0 enabled, which thus far is the only setting I've actually been able to boot up with above the 1866Mhz default. 2666 on the same list caused a crash on Startup at the Windows page, where as the XMP 2.0 (3000Mhz default) caused a crash before the page to hit F2 and enter the BIOS had so much as loaded.

I'll invest the time to test each individual stick in the next day or two if it is safe to do so. I've never had to do that before, so I wasn't sure if that could cause any complications.

Below are the pictures of my BIOS:

Comment

Can you post pictures of advanced timings? Also, what is the VCCSA or Systems Agent Voltage set to at DDR4-3000?

Comment

According to what I'm reading the maximum VCCSA tweaking is .6V, and a full list of screenshots for XMP 2.0 setting 3000mhz are listed below:

This is the highest stable RAM setting I've been able to boot up with:

Comment

Are you able to get one module working at DDR4-2666+?

Everything looks OK in the pictures.

Comment

Working...
            X