DDR4 2800 and the MSI X99S XPOWER AC issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR4 2800 and the MSI X99S XPOWER AC issues

I have a Intel 5930k, MSI X99S XPOWER AC, and 32gb of G.Skill 2800 ram. I specifically have the F4-2800C16Q-32GRK model. I have been trying for several days to get this ram to run at 2800 with no luck. I cannot get it to use either XMP or OC'ing it myself.

I am using bios 1.5. I have tried adding voltage to 1.3, and raising the CPU too ... I am baffled why XMP doesn't work ... I am not sure if the RAM is defective or its my inexperience at overclocking ... Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jodokast89; 01-29-2015, 03:50 PM.
    CPU: 5930k |MOBO: MSI X99S XPOWER AC |RAM: 32gb G.Skill DDR4-2800

To find out if one of the modules is defective, please test them individually with XMP settings.

Also try to check, if the automatic settings the board applies are correct. When it uses the 1.25x strap with the XMP, other system ratios have to be reduced, otherwise they get overclocked and might cause your boot problems. If you locked cpu ratio and cache freq before using the XMP, you then would have to manually reduce them in the same way.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by jodokast89 View Post
      I have a Intel 5930k, MSI X99S XPOWER AC, and 32gb of G.Skill 2800 ram. I specifically have the F4-2800C16Q-32GRK model. I have been trying for several days to get this ram to run at 2800 with no luck. I cannot get it to use either XMP or OC'ing it myself.

I am using bios 1.5. I have tried adding voltage to 1.3, and raising the CPU too ... I am baffled why XMP doesn't work ... I am not sure if the RAM is defective or its my inexperience at overclocking ... Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
      What do you mean by "no luck"? Are you getting blue-screens? Are you getting system lock-ups? Is the memory simply not getting to the specified speed despite configuring it in the bios?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Comment

I appreciate the reply's ...

Yes, I am using the latest BIOS. MSI only has 1.5 out right now.

No BSOD's or lockups or anything like that ... MSI has this new thing out now where they test your OC before you boot. It just won't let me past that screen, where it says that OC will not work.

EDIT: I have it working now ... I have tested each stick one at a time and was able to OC @ 2800 with no issues using the XMP profile. I reinstalled each stick one at time and now have all 32gb running smoothly at 2800. Thanks for the help guys

Last edited by jodokast89; 02-01-2015, 02:15 PM.
          CPU: 5930k |MOBO: MSI X99S XPOWER AC |RAM: 32gb G.Skill DDR4-2800

Comment

Working...
          X