DDR4 above 3000Mhz or even 2800MHz under Adaptive Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR4 above 3000Mhz or even 2800MHz under Adaptive Mode

I am currently using ASUS RVE with G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM.

I am sorry that I have not been on this forum for a while but last time I was here, there was no solution to have DDR above 3000MHz without increasing VSA voltage under manual mode. As you know you cannot adjust VSA voltage under Adaptive mode, which means you cannot have your DDR4 above 3000 Mhz under adaptive mode to save power.

Has anything change now or are we still stuck with 2666Mhz on adaptive?

Can someone shed a light on this important topic? I am still under utilizing GSkill DDR4 3000Mhz at 2666Mhz.

Check the latest BIOS/EFI. This has always been the case, once DRAM Frequency surpasses a certain performance level, all power saving features go out the window.

It's like expecting a race car to save gasoline. Even if you drive it slow, it still requires a lot of fuel to have it running.

Comment

That's fine if that is only way to work. This is unfortunate as older generation Intel chipset MB allows this but with x99 this is now an issue. .

Comment

Do you still remember DDR3 on LGA775?

This is the first DDR4 architecture, so things might improve with time (or next gen hardware^^).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X