Running DDR4 RipJaws 2800 at 2800 in X99 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running DDR4 RipJaws 2800 at 2800 in X99 Deluxe

G.Skill DDR4 RipJaws 2800 were used in my new computer build and after building the computer, I read where Intel has never issued f/w for the i7-59xx series of CPU's that would allow a frequency higher than 2400 or perhaps 2600 -- kindly correct me if wrong.

Therefore, I am wondering about running my new rig at the full 2800. I have tried it and since they are rated at 1.2 volts at that frequency, I assumed that when I set the switch on the motherboard to XMP and also in the UEFI BIOS to XMP that it would pick up on the frequency, but apparently not. Even after I have taken it off of automatic in the UEFI and set it to 2800 and reboot, there is one section of the UEFI that shows 2800 and another that shows 2133.

I am not after setting any records for OC'ing but would like to run the memory at full frequency.

Do I wait until Intel writes some new code (ha ha) or do I attempt to force the Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard to use 2800 and in so doing, what settings should I make in order to do so. I have built a number of computers over the years BUT the last one I built was a little over 6 years ago which puts me back into the quasi-noob status.

Thoughts, opinions?
    Phantek Enthoo Pro tower, Asus X99 Deluxe, G.Skill RipJaws 2800 8x4GB, i7-5930K, 2 EVGA NVIDIA GTX 980 SuperOC'd in SLI, Corsair H105, Seasonic X-1250, Samsung Pro 840 256 GB SSD for OS/Programs, Samsung Pro 850 1 TB SSD for Data, WD Black 2 TB HDD for backup, Asus BD-Burner, AFT Pro-77U USB3 card reader, MaxKeyBoard X8, Logitech MX1100 mouse, SpectraView LCD2690WUXi2 w/ calibration software, Epson R3000 printer, etc.

Originally posted by MikeSp View Post
    I assumed that when I set the switch on the motherboard to XMP and also in the UEFI BIOS to XMP that it would pick up on the frequency, but apparently not. Even after I have taken it off of automatic in the UEFI and set it to 2800 and reboot, there is one section of the UEFI that shows 2800 and another that shows 2133.
    Can you please post a picture of that?

What does CPU-Z memory tab report as (current) DRAM frequency?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

With XMP enabled, the system will run at DDR4-2800

The DDR4-2133 you see is not the actual operating values. It is what the RAM will boot up as with AUTO default settings (standard).

Comment

Working...
      X