Can Ram Timings Corrupt Rar Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ram Timings Corrupt Rar Files

I have 16 gigs of Trident x 2400 memory and have been playing around with my settings in the bios.The memory secondary settings are pretty tight.Can these tight settings corrupt large Rar files.Small 200-500mb seem ok but when I extract,large ones like 1gig or more it has been saying lately the rar files are corrupt.I have had no proablems before with large rar files.Does any one know what ram settings could corrupt files that are downloaded.I might try the mem bios settings at default and try to download something big and see if it still happens.If anyone has any ideas please let me know.Thanks...Added some bios settings pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NIK1; 10-08-2014, 07:12 AM. Reason: Add Pics

Unstable settings can produce all sorts of unpredictable system behavior. Corrupted downloads are not unheard of. Thats why usually the amount of stability testing goes hand in hand with the importance of the system itself (and why super critical systems use non-overclocked ECC memory^^).

How much serious testing did you do on your settings? (Memtest, Prime95, ...)
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Post some pictures or settings and we can take a look

Comment

Working...
      X