Memory Slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Slots

My asus sabertooth z77 has 4 memory slots. Right now I have my G.SKILL Trident X ddr3 2400 plugged into A2 and B2.Does it matter what slot they are plugged into for 2 8gb sticks, I would think as long as its in the same color slot, right.Two light color, and 2 darker color. Let me know if I am wrong. Thanks..

You basically want one of two possible Dual Channel configurations. Sometimes it is mentioned in the manual, which one is preferable. That can differ from board to board.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

A2 B2 is correct for that motherboard.

For Z77 and newer ROG motherboards, they have a T-Topology design that enhances memory performance in slots A1 B1.

Comment

If i remember correctly, T-Topology was adapted by all other manufacturers from Haswell onward. Probably based upon the recommendation/requirement by Intel itself. MSI started using it with Z77 Gaming models and also states it on the product pages of various newer models (Mpower, Xpower series etc). For Gigabyte i can at least vouch for T-Topology on my Z77X-UP5 TH, Z77X-UP7 and Z87X-OC, even though it might not be advertised.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

That's right, mainly Z87 and onward for most motherboards.

Comment

Working...
          X