Memory Stress Test Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Stress Test Woes

I was under clocking my 2400 G.SKILL Trident X to 2200 with tight timings yesterday and had Intel burn test running to see if it was going to be stable. After 5 runs on max it quit with errors. Went back to the bios and put my good 2400 settings back, saved and rebooted. Soon after the windows 7 boot screen came up to pick which os I want to boot to I got this error.0x000000F.I rebooted again and chose my other win 7,it booted ok.When the desktop came up I went to my computer and it showed my main win 7 partition was gone. I checked in disk management and it showed it there but with a file format of RAW.I have 2 Samsung 840 Evo ssd drives with the os on them. Has anyone ever had a fail memory stress test and have that wreck the data on a ssd drive. This is my first. I reinstalled the os with a backup but now I am weary of stress testing if it changes the ssd drive to raw after a fail stress test.I have stress tested many times in the past year and never had a problem with the data on the drives before. Any input appreciated.Thanks.

Very strange, tough to determine whether that was the cause, but I've never heard of it.

Comment

Working...
    X