Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-2400C11D-16GXM - Asus Intel Z87-Plus - i7-4770 Haswell - unstable at 2400 - HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C11D-16GXM - Asus Intel Z87-Plus - i7-4770 Haswell - unstable at 2400 - HELP?

I built my latest computer from scratch. I did my research and initially the computer behaved as I expected. For 3 months and 2 weeks, no BSOD, no instability. BIOS was set to XMP, Profile #1 all that while. Then, all of a sudden, second week in April the computer started throwing BSOD left and right; screen freezes; the whole nine yards.

Memtest86+ (ver 5.0) was downloaded. When testing each stick individually, no errors occurred. Testing 2 sticks at a time, no errors. Testing all 4, again at 2400hz, a total of 244 errors occurred, almost all in test 6 (10 in test 9).

My friend has the RAM sticks now and is testing them as well to see if his system does the same thing (to rule out motherboard issues - he too has the Asus Z87-PLUS). He too is having the same issues.

So, my question to someone having/had the same issues is this: 1) what did you do to stabilize the system? Tweek the BIOS manually setting the settings versus utilizing the stock Profile #1? To those who work for G.Skill - is there any chance to get a "stable" performance from my mobo and the 32Gb of RAM at 2400? What have your experiences been with this?

I await anyone's opinions / experiences regarding this. I can provide more information/details upon request to help me clarify this issue.

Thank you for reading,
    Darren T.

Try manually setting the VCCSA Voltage. Most 4770 CPUs are not capable, but you can set the voltage in attempt to force it to be stable. Otherwise, with XMP enabled, set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-2133 and everything should be fine. Let us know how it goes!

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X