Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9t-12gbsr

Hi,

I'm replacing my motherboard and CPU but have an existing set of G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR RAM. I'm trying to determine if it would be suitable for my next PC setup. The RAM configurator on G.Skill's website suggests that this is not compatible, but I don't understand why it isn't.

Would this RAM be compatible and 'ideal' for either the:
    - Intel i5-4670 or
    - Intel i7-4771

I have no intention of overclocking my CPU & RAM. I use my PC mainly for watching movies and gaming.

By 'ideal', I mean:
    - will be compatible with the CPUs without having to overclock/underclock
    - will not be too slow to support the CPU
    - without any intent on overclocking, would buying a different set of RAM grant me a significant performance boost?

Thank you everyone for your help!

It is not that this kit is right out incompatible, it probably just wasn't tested on anything else than Intel's triple channel architecture (LGA1366). While it may not be ideal to use a 3x4GB kit for Haswell, i did this in the past and never ran into any problems. So my advice is, just give it a try.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

It is definitely good enough if you do not overclock.

It is compatible with the newer platforms, so no worries there.

DDR3-1600 is what the CPUs are rated for, so performance will be very good.

You can always get faster RAM for extreme performance, but if you already have RAM available, you don't necessarily need to get even faster RAM.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll try this out in the next couple of days, and update this thread with the results :-)

Comment

Working...
        X