Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Hero and RipjawsX F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL

Hey folks!
    I usually research and try to sort things out myself and have done so till I'm blue in the face,, I'm stymied here and could use some help. Thanks in advance,,!

I put a system together a few weeks back and am having a hard time with the cpu and d-ram setup.

Rig
    Windows 8.1 (x64)
    ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO with bios 1402
    3.50 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770K
    Corsair Hydro Series H100i
    RipjawsX F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL 1866MHz Dual Channel, Slot 1 and 3
    EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
    WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0
    Corsair CS Modular CS750M 750Watt
    Cooler Master COSMOS SE Mid Tower

OK.. At this point I've tried so many different settings according to guides and am constantly getting post failure. Every setting in the bios at this point is set to default, cpu at 3.50MHz and G.SKILL sitting at 1333MHz and all is well, no problems.

My issue is with the cpu and the d-ram setup.
    When I got the asus board I also picked up the Ripjaws kit at 1866MHz Tested Latency at 10-11-10-30-2N.

I could run through settings I've tried but the truth of it is this bios has so many settings that have repercussions on other settings that I feel like im swimming.

Bottom line,
    Asus QVL list does not mention RipjawsX F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL but it does at G.SKILL QVL as being compatible with the ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO board.

When I first booted up the system the memory was by default set at 1333MHz. When I enabled XMP in the BIOS the memory was identified at the correct speed at 1866MHz .

This is all I want to see happen:
    Sync all cores at 38 and run memory at 1866MHZ

There's probably so much more you need to know and any advice or direction is needed and welcome!

Thanks folks,,

So.. what happened after you enabled XMP in BIOS? No boot? Test one module at a time with XMP enabled to see if they perform the same.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi Thanks admin,,

When I first booted up the system the memory was by default set at 1333MHz and the cpu clock showed at 3.50GHz .

Ya when I enable XMP the memory is recognized at the right timing speed at 1866MHz but puts my processor speed at some insane bump at I think it was 4.8. I didn't try and post at that frequency but instead throttled down the cpu to 3.8 but it would not post.

I was able to get a good post and into the operating system a few times with settings of cpu 3.8 and memory at 1600MHz but if I rebooted or shut down and restart the bios wouldn't post.

I've tried all kinds of different settings... I can bump the cpu to 3.8 no problem stable with 1333MHz set manually for memory.

Right now all I was hoping to accomplish was to see the memory sitting at the tested speed 1866MHz even leaving the cpu clock speed at the manufactures default at 3.50GHz and move on from there.

I will try XMP working one module at a time but I still have to contend with automatically adjusted cpu speed.

Thanks again and I'll get back to you!

Comment

Reset BIOS, enable XMP alone, and see how that works. XMP does not OC CPU frequency.

Let us know how XMP works with each stick.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X