Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL + ASRock FM2+A88X + Killer, AMD A10-7850

AMD A10-7850k running at stock 3.7 Ghz
    Onboard video successfully running at 800 mhz, have also tried at 720.
    8 gigs of G.Skiill 17000CL11D

I've had my setup for a couple weeks now and have been completely unable to get my RAM to run at 2133 as it's rated for and my CPU should handle. It runs stock at 1600, this RAM kit is not on ASRock's short and now dated approved list nor is it on G.Skill's approved list for my motherboard. The specs for the most part are similar to what a QVL part is though.

XMP profiles 1 and 2 fail. This causes my system to power off then on again (from here on I'll call this a hard reboot).

I've tried a myriad of manual settings all of which caused a hard reboot. This includes manual ram settings for everything, increasing voltage for several things.

I once had 1866 9-9-9-28 (iirc 28) but it wasn't stable under load. It froze my system during a game and forced a cmos reset and I tried again. I've been scouring forums everywhere trying to find something that might work and haven't come across any definitive answers as to what I need to do. In talking with ASRock they recommended I RMA the board which I thought rather odd but I've also seen several say that AMD was weak IMC's.

Test each module individually to see what it is capable of.

They should pass DDR3-2133/1866 without a problem.

You can try manually inputting the CPU-NB Voltage to see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

So the first part of my journey was a success. I made it to 1866, 13 hour memtest torture session and she runs like a peach.

I set the northbridge for 2000 mhz
      disabled cool'n'quiet
      disabled Core C6
      left TDP on auto
      disabled SVM.
      VDDP is at 1.160 or maybe the next step higher.
      NB at 1.28125
      CPU 1.25
      SB 1.10
      RAM 1.6

I set my RAM timings for

CR2

Comment

Timings can be 9-11-10-28 1.60V-1.65V

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...