Ga-f2a88xm-d3h fm2+ | amd ad785kxbjabox | f3-2133c10d-8gab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-f2a88xm-d3h fm2+ | amd ad785kxbjabox | f3-2133c10d-8gab

So this is my first computer build, and the optimized default setting for my motherboard's BIOS leave my RAM underpowered, running at 1600 on 1.5v instead of 2133 on 1.6v. Everything I'm tried by enabling the XMP and AMP profiles and increasing the voltage and frequency to the specified levels has lead to the RAM becoming unstable and forcing me to revert to the defaults.
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...
    • Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H FM2+/FM2 mATX AMD Motherboard
    • CPU: AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor AMD Radeon R7 series AD785KXBJABOX
    • RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C10D-8GAB

How did you try to enable the XMP? Using Gigabyte E.O.C.P. (profile #1) did not work?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      How did you try to enable the XMP? Using Gigabyte E.O.C.P. (profile #1) did not work?
      I enabled the XMP. But I'm not sure what you mean by E.O.C.P.

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
        I went to profile 1 setting, adjusted the memory multiplier to 21.33, enabled A.M.P. , and the the DRAM voltage to 1.6v.

Comment

That did not work?

Since those modules do not have an AMP you can skip this step.

Can you please post a screenshot of your UEFIs memory timings section, with the XMP enabled?

( Save a screenshot to USB via F12 in UEFI )
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

You may need to raise CPU-NB Voltage to stabilize DDR3-2133. Try that and let us know how it goes. Start from +0.1V

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X