FX-8320 + Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 + G.Skill Sniper (2x8) 1866

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX-8320 + Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 + G.Skill Sniper (2x8) 1866

Hello, I just want to start off saying, I'm a big fan of your memory...Been using it for my builds for years.

I've been having nothing but headaches with my new build for over a week now. I have people helping me from another board but I wanted to ask some questions here since I've googled these BSOD's I'm getting and they seem to be related to memory. Off hand, IRQL IS NOT EQUAL and SYSTEM EXCEPTION occur from time to time. Now, thanks to others help, I've gotten my system to stay up and running but the moment I encode a movie or do something intensive, my system either reboots or I'm hit with some random BSOD.

I've done 2 passes in Memtest86 with no errors, I've run Prime95 on small fft's as well as blend with no cores failing and no shut downs. Temp idles at 16-26c reaches a max of 53c of Prime95 running for 30min. This is what is driving me crazy!! I don't know if it's my timings or voltage? I've tried anywhere between stock 1.49 to 1.55 and all in between. I have the cpu/nb set to 1.25 and cpu to 1.36 up from the stock 1.32 Everything set in place manually. ECC is disabled.

I've installed Windows 3 times and every time is the same. I've even thought that it could be some sort of driver problem since I let Windows install the drivers and not load them from a usb during set up. But from what I read Windows does find you the latest drivers. I've run Driver Reviver and that program says all drivers are up to date as well.

I've tried 1600 and 1866 with the preferred timings of 9-10-9-28 2T. I really hope I can sort this out because I've never had such a headache from doing a build in my life! All i want is to have this stable at stock settings. Please someone help

SPECS :
    AMD FX-8320 with a CM Hyper 212 Evo
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Bios 2104(latest)
    Crucial 248gb SSD running Windows 8.1
    Antec 750w Earthwatts Continuous Power

Have you tried using ASUS D.O.C.P.? It applies the XMP (Intel Extreme Memory Profile) settings for AMD motherboards. For most DDR3-1866 kits it usually works. Just give it a shot.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

If you continue to have a problem, test each module individually to see if one can pass alone. If both pass, they should work together.

Also, make sure the RAM is installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hey, sorry I haven't replied. It was a faulty stick. One stick went through 3 passes rated at the proper speeds with no errors, while the other read as DDR3 408 @ 4-5-5-38. I tired this stick in 3 different dimm slots with the same results. I am in the process of RMA'ing them back to NewEgg.

Comment

Working...
        X