Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9D-16GTX + Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 + i5-2500K

Hi

Please give me suggestions how to set my Trident X (F3-2133C9D-16GTX, 2 sticks, 8G each) properly with my board (Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Rev.1). When I tried to use it, I cannot set the XMP profile#2 in the BIOS. The system would always restart to be back at the memory speed of 1333 MHz, which is ok to run Windows 7-64Bit. However, I want to use these sticks to be at the full speed of 2133 MHz. So I searched this forum, found the instructions here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...ght=F3-2133C9D

I can set the memory timing in the BIOS without any problem but my board doesn't have all the voltage settings as mentioned in the thread. In my Voltage control setting, It has only Dynamic Vcore, QPI/Vtt, Graphics DVID, PCH Core and DRAM Voltage. So I used XMP#2, put the numbers of memory timing as instructed in the thread and set the QPI/Vtt=1.14 in the voltage control, and other voltage set at auto. The system booted up OK with these settings, and with a speed of 2133. But when I tested the memory with Memtest86, Memtest86 would not start up. It just hung at loading.

My questions are:
    Is there any better settings for using these memories with my board? and
    Should I concern that memtest86 didn't start? Please note that Memtest86 works ok when I disabled XMP.

Thanks

Make sure to use memtest86+, not memtest because there are different types.

Do you have the memory installed in same color slots furthest away from the CPU?

The memory should work flawlessly with XMP enabled.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X