Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improper amount of RAM being reported. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improper amount of RAM being reported. Please help.

This is an anomaly that is driving me insane.

I have two kits of G. Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (2x3GB) RAM installed into a P6T Deluxe motherboard running Windows 7 Professional. Instead of 12GB of RAM, 8GB of RAM is being reported in my BIOS, Windows properties, the task manager, and Prime95. However, CPU-Z and Speccy are reporting 12GB of RAM. Speccy is even reporting 12GB running in triple channel.

I've attached a screenshot. This is mind-boggling. I think I'm going insane. Both kits are F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ. I've read the guide on i4memory.com and tried the settings to no avail. Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this?

Here's a link to the screenshot I took since it was too large of a file to post here...

http://i.imgur.com/LV6yau4.png

Any help would really be appreciated guys. I'm tearing my hair out here.
    Intel Core i7 920 C0 2.66GHz @ Stock - All RAM BIOS settings at stock - Asus P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 - Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme - OCZ3G1600V2G (3 x 2GB) DDR3 - EVGA GTX 760 - Intel 80GB SSD - Samsung Spinpoint F1 x4 - BenQ E2400HD - Antec Two Hundred v3 - Xclio Greatpower 850w - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots. You may need to exchange for a 12GB kit as that should work better. Seperate kits of RAM in a single system can cause problems like this.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X