Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL + P7P55D-E Pro + i5 661 3.33ghz

Hello everyone.

I'm running a P7P55D-E Pro motherboard with an i5 661 3.33 Ghz. I'm unable to get any ram to work other than my stock ram I bought a few years back.

My stock ram is: pc3-10700 kingston 2x2gb ddr 3 1333Mhz (running on duel channel).

I purchased 2x4gb F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL and bought 2 packs so I could max out my motherboard. When I load 1 stick only in slot A1 I can boot past BIOS but I get the BSOD after the 'Starting' screen - just the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64Bit. If I change the BIOS settings to XMP Profile under "Ai Overclock Tuner" with no avail. I'm also unable to boot with more than 1 ram stick, yet I checked each stick 1 by 1 and they're all good.

If I put my stock ram back in with 1 or 2 sticks I boot just fine and into Windows 7. (Not including the RipjawsX)

I'm not sure why I'm having these issues? I've even manually set the Mhz and Volts which still doesn't work and I cannot do anything with more than 1 stick as it freezes on boot at the BIOS screen with no keyboard input. I've tried everything I can think of, even MemOk! I also did a CMOS clear. I'm assuming my motherboard has a short maybe? I tried another ram stick of a similar model and had the same issue.

I really would like to be able to use my RipjawsX sticks! I hope I can get something to work as I don't want to return these.

Thank you for any help!

Edit:

I ended up returning the memory. It looks like I'm having some kind of an issue with my memory board, so I will just do a full rebuild.
    Last edited by UKRcpuThX; 01-24-2014, 09:58 AM.
Working...
X