Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2666C12Q-32GTXD - i7 3930K - Rampage IV Black Edition

Hey All,

sorry for asking such a noob question but, alas, i must..

as you can tell from the title, i have 2666MHZ Trident X ram (32GB), new Asus Ramapge IV Black edition motherboard (with latest bios), and Intel i7 3930K processor.

here's the problem... up until about 2 hours ago, i was not able to run the ram any faster then 1333MHZ, no matter what i had tried. after reading through the forums here, i managed to get the ram running at 2133MHZ.. it took alot of trial and error to get the machine to actually boot, and then boot into windows (it was bsod for a long time). not sure why it was doing it, but after changing a bunch of different settings in the bios, she seems stable for now.

as of right now, im not overclocking the CPU at all, it's running at the stock 3.2Ghz. the ram is at 2133Mhz. i guess my question is this.. is it possible to actually get the ram to run at the 2666Mhz with the Sandy Bridge-E CPU?

i was told AFTER i bought everything that i needed the IVY Bridge CPU to run at that speed.

if i cant run at the 2666 stable, what do you think i can get it to run at?

here's what i changed in the bios... i tried XMP profile does not boot.

i changed VCC loadline Caibration to high
    CPU Current capability to 150%
    VCCSA load-line calibration to high
    VCCSA fixed freq. is default at 300Khz
    VCCSA current capability is 130%
    CPU power phase control is set to Extreme

CPUVCCA 1.25V
    Ram Voltage 1.65V (both chan A/B and C/D)

Timings are set to 10-11-11-31 2T

any suggestions for getting this running faster?, this ram is quite expensive to have it just run at 2133Mhz

thanks for your time folks.....

M.

2400 MIGHT be possible, but most sb-e proccessors can't do it. I think your best bet is honestly to work on loweing your timings a bit @2133. Or if ya have the cash get and ib-e. The memory speed difference wont be dramatic, so i would probably just go with your current setup @2133. Perhaps 9-11-11-30 or so could work
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

hmmmmm...so just change the timing to that?? dont change anything else?

Comment

Honestly that is probably all you can hope for unless you want to drop big $$ on an ib-e processor
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

actually, im going to see if i can get newegg to change it out for me... i told them that either i ordered the wrong one or they sent the wrong one, told them that i wouldn't have paid $400 and change for ram that i couldn't use correctly.. they said they would look into it and let me know....

as for those timing setting's... tried them, and the computer wouldn't boot... would just turn on for a few seconds, then turn off...

was stuck in that loop for a little while till i managed to reset the MB.

i called GSKill support, and we managed to get the machine to boot with the ram at 2400 Mhz,when i finally did i did try to boot into windows with those setting's.. it just bsod every time...

i had to do work, so i put the settings back to these 2133 Mhz( i don't remember what we changed )

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

-M
          Last edited by NorthNJMark; 01-20-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Post some pictures of BIOS/EFI and we can take a look to see if anything is incorrect. DDR3-2666 is difficult with that CPU, but DDR3-2400 should be no problem.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X