Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 + ASUS H87M-E + Intel i5-4570

Hello!

I am trying to get a brand new PC to run with these components, but I am experiencing some problems with the memory. If I run the memory with the "Auto" setting everywhere, then it fails to boot. It will freeze at the Windows 7 logo and then reboot.
    XMP setting also fails.

I have tried all kinds of settings, but these looks stable:

Set the timings to 9-10-9-24 - 2T and then the DRAM voltage to 1.25. Leave anything else at AUTO.
    At this setting, the machine will boot, i can run Prime95, OCCT and so on for several hours without any problems. I have also run a pass with Memtest86+ and it was also OK.

But if I instead change the timing to 9-9-9-24, the it fails to boot once again with no BSOD or anything. Though it can boot to Memtest, and run a pass without any problems.

Any suggestions? I have really tried almost anything. Maybe I should be happy with the stable timing and not think about it anymore? Though I think it is strange that I can't get the memory to run with their stock timings.
    Last edited by C.M; 11-11-2013, 12:00 AM.

You'll need dram voltage up to 1.5v to run at the 9-9-9-24 timings
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Allrighty, thank you. I will try that ASAP and get back to you.

Comment

If the 1.5 makes it stable you can try walking them down some maybe 1.3v even would be stable. I didn't know they made Low voltage snipers till right now, figured the 2 at the end was a typo. Shouldn't need all of 1.5v to run stable since they are low voltage but some boards don't deliver exactly what is entered so 1.25v might be too low. 1.5 will not hurt them however.
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

I have now tried to run it with 9-9-9-24-2 at 1.30v up to 1.55v and it still freezes at the Windows 7 logo and reboots.

9-10-9-24-2 at 1.25v still works perfectly.

Comment

That is really odd, no idea why its that hung on the 2nd number. You won't notice any difference in speed with that timing vs the 9-9-9-24 timing so I would just leave it alone. Just a bit surprising.

Comment

Yeah, it is really strange. But thank you for your help! I will let it run at the stabile timings.

Comment

Would just like to mention, that when I mounted the final CPU heatsink (Cooler Master 212 Evo) instead of the stock Intel which I used for OS installation, then all the problems dissappeared. Now it all works perfectly, timings, voltage and so on.

The stock Intel heatsink suck more than you know ;-)

Comment

There is no way a heatsink was causing that issue unless 1)it was loose and getting hot, or 2) your cpu wasn't mounted properly and while fiddling with the cooler you got a better connection to the memory controler part of the socket.

Either way Glad to hear you now are the proud owner of a stable system!

Comment

Yea, it does not make alot of sense. I have also earlier tried to remount the CPU with the stock heatsink, apply new paste and so on, nothing helped. I did monitor the temps, nothing wrong there either.

But with the new Cooler Master heatsink, all good with stock timings and voltage.

I think you are right regarding the connection in the socket, the new heatsink does apply some more pressure on the CPU.

But thank you for your help, and I hope this information can be helpful for some others in the future. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X