Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C10D-16GTX + MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming + i7 4770k

Hello,

my name is Ander Urquia, I'm writting this post because I'm having a lot of troubles with my new computer. I've bought it on 31/07/13 and I can't use it well because it's so inestable. First of all I thought that it was a problem some defective hardware, but the RMA of the store that I bought replaced all hardware and I still having the same problems.

This is my PC hardware configuration:

CPU: Intel Haswell i7-4770K
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
    RAM: F3-2400C10D-16GTX

Searching in internet I readed this:

Compatibility Notes
    G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.
    Also I was looking this: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www...-datasheet.pdf

So can you confirm me if this hardware is compatible and how I've to configure it in BIOS or if is not, give me any solution. I'm not sure if this incompatibility is with the motherboard or with the CPU, so it will be nice if you can confirm me that and give me an alternative solution (for exemple, change your motherboard for any of this models etc.)

Thank you very much for your atentions, regards,

Ander Urquia.

http://www.gskill.com/en/configurato...307&model=1374

This confirms compatability between your board and this memory.

First step (as always) is to update to the newest bios for your motherboard. Then go into the bios and enable XMP(extreme memory profile). That should set everything up for you automatically if the bios is working correctly. If you didn't enable xmp before you memory was running at 1333mhz or 1600 mhz and could cause some instability. The 1.65 V is fine that is just intel being cautious to cover themselves. There are people who actually run memory at 1.8v 24/7... I find that crazy but 1.65v with 2 sticks will not harm your processor.

You shouldn't have to do any real tweaking to the bios, just find whever MSI hides XMP and it should work from there if the bios is updated.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10727 will likely be of some help. I don't think things in the bios have changed much since Ivy Bridge came out.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer, I was so worried about that. I already did what you told me and I think now its well configurated.

Comment

Best I can tell everything looks correct on that page. I think you are good to go. Let us know if other issues arise.
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

I was runing memtest86 to test the ram modules and it doesn't look so nice, isn't it?

Last edited by Sygate; 11-07-2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

No, 10,000 errors isn't a good thing, Next suggestion try each stick by itself and see if one is bad, or if we need some voltage tweaks to fix things. If both sticks test right (with xmp enabled) then some other tweaks may be in order, let us know if they both pass or if one fails by itself.

EDIT: By the way thank you for resizing that picture I had to decreas my screen size to 20% to see most if it lol.
            Last edited by supahos; 11-07-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

You was right, one module is wrong, I tried to test it, and computer crashed, now I'm testing the other one and it seems that its fine. So i will contact with the store to do a RMA

Comment

Good to hear, when you get a good set it should be as simple and enabling xmp and you're set. No telling what happened to that kit between Gskill's warehouse and your purchase to cause the issue, but glad that we know what the issue is now.

Comment

Working...
                X