F3-2133C11D-16GZL + Maximus vi hero + 4770k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C11D-16GZL + Maximus vi hero + 4770k

Hello, I just want to make sure which xmp profile okay to use? Not overclocking anything yet. XMP profile #2 has better timings. Is it okay to use that instead of #1?

cpu z shows incorrect command rate for profile #2 in the spd tab but correct in the memory tab. Bios shows the correct timings for both profiles. Guess this doesn't matter?

bios screen:

Normally on high frequency modules you'll always find 2 profiles. The first profile is oriented to the enthusiast while the second profile is more oriented to extreme users. That's why the second profile has slightly tightened tertiary timings.

With that said, you wouldn't notice one from the other in real world usage. The negligible difference can only be appreciated in benchmarks. In other words, choose whichever profile you desire.

Comment

The profiles are very close in terms of timings and should provide comparable performance for real world applications. However if you can run #2 without any problems, then by all means stick with it.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yea thanks alot. I left it running on profile #2 memtest86+ for 24hrs and it passed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X