Weird issue with my fx -6300 - 2133 ripjaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird issue with my fx -6300 - 2133 ripjaws

I posted earlier about trying to optimize my ram. It seemed to have worked for a bit, but now im experiencing some strange phenomenon I can't quite figure out. My maxxmem scores have just slumped. I used to post in +11gb bandwidth @ 2133 mhz, but now I keep hitting low 9-10. In fact I've been experiencing some stability issues, so I downclocked the ram to 1866 - 9-10-9-28 but it feels like there is barely any difference in benchmarks. In fact the only way I can get the previous results is if I have chrome launched. Why is that? Northbridge is at 2600 on auto offset @ 1.45. I'm OC @4.4 + 0.13825 offset. Cool n quiet c6 enabled.

disable c6 when overclocking it helps alot im my experierence

Comment

I will. Had mixed feelings about it anyway

Comment

ok cool keep use updated

Comment

disabled cnq, c1, c6. hpc enabled. no cigar.

i don't know if this is pertinent, but the cpuz doesn't post the exact model # for the ram.

Comment

whats hpc and also sometimes when things dont go my way i start from scratch again and things seem to work better so maybe start over from when you got the ram in the pc and go from there maybe that will salve the problem your having

Comment

Might want to raise DRAM and/or CPU/NB (Memory controller) voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Nb is at 2600 and voltage is set on auto offset. Bios shows 1.45
                1.600 on the dram

Comment

Originally posted by Tomlintm View Post
                  whats hpc and also sometimes when things dont go my way i start from scratch again and things seem to work better so maybe start over from when you got the ram in the pc and go from there maybe that will salve the problem your having
                  I'm not entirely sure what it does. Some say it's a throttling feature, some say it has to do with lowering the multiplier. Then there is the article by Dell that it's for some sort of server protocol. Basically it stands for "high performance computing" so I enabled

Comment

Originally posted by incubated View Post
                    I'm not entirely sure what it does. Some say it's a throttling feature, some say it has to do with lowering the multiplier. Then there is the article by Dell that it's for some sort of server protocol. Basically it stands for "high performance computing" so I enabled
                    well if you dont no what it does disable it it could cause you instability issues and did you start from scratch and try to redo your setup settings to get your ram to were it is stable again maybe

Comment

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but one of the things that improved my ram performance was lowering the tRas timing to 33 from the factory set 31. I read in OC mode tRas should be the sum of the first three timings +/- 1. Since I am running the ram in OC mode, I adjusted that timing and the smoothness is definitely perceptible. Icons load smoother and Windows is snappier. The benchmarks are still weird. Sometimes they post the proper scores without chrome, but the overall bandwidth seems to have gone up by ~. 4gb. Latency is slightly higher, as expected

Comment

when it comes to timings im not the proper person to be asking lol

Comment

It will probably remain somewhat weird as amd don't even mention supporting memory that fast. I would say pick whatever setting is most stable for you and stick with it. Not sure about your board but the tweeking I've tried with my nephew's amd setup nearly drove me nuts, if it fails it doens't even boot loop, just does nothing and to clear cmos I have to remove his video card (battery under it). and .4 gb/sec isn't much of a difference and likely more due to whatever else was running in the background during the test. I'd just go with gut feeling on what seems more stable/quicker and be happy it managed those speeds.
                          ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Working...
                          X