Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD instability???

Hi,

I built a PC for my friend and persuaded him to put a G.Skill 128gig SSD in.

I had loads of trouble getting things installed, windows disapearing and stuff, but put this down to conflicting software.

Today, his windows just hangs on boot. It did boot in safe mode, but wont now.

I cant think its anything but the SSD?

In BIOS, its set as IDE, should I change this to ACHI? Will that make it more stable?

What are your thoughts?

Which SSD do you have?

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

128 gig falcon. Latest firmware. Windows vista 64bit.

Comment

motherboard etc... is

Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz / Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Intel X58 Motherboard / Patriot Viper 6GB DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz DDR3

Power supply is 850Watts

Comment

Any answers G.Skill technical?

Comment

The ACHI would prob be better. May try using a different SATA port and/or cable.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just reinstalled under ACHI mode and got everything done. Rebooted many times and all ok.

Installed a game.

Rebooted.

Gets halfway through the BIOS post and then says 'missing operating system' and just sits there?!?!?!

How can it just disapear??!?!

Im sure the SSD if faulty.

I also installed on a different SATA lead and cable, just to be sure.

Comment

One more thing to note, when I put the windows disk in to reinstall, it shows the SSD there as 119.2 gig availble space of 119.2 gig total space.

So windows has totally disapeared?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Ok, I have put this SSD in my other computer as a second boot disc, chucked all the abuse at the SSD I can and its working spot on.

So what could be wrong in the other computer, software or hardware????

Comment

For the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Intel X58 Motherboard, have you looked to see if any new BIO updates been posted on Gigabyte's website? Sometimes it just the little things that may be holding a monster system back. I know eVGA is really good about posting updates on known compatibility issues with hardware and I would expect no less from Gigabyte since they are a well known manufacturer.
                    Last edited by Schwanke78; 08-07-2009, 10:22 AM.
                    CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
                    MB ASUS P6X58D-E
                    GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
                    RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
                    PSU Corsair AX 850W
                    SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
                    HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
                    CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
                    GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
                    RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
                    SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb

Comment

Just checked and the latest if F7, which the BIOS is running.

Comment

Working...
                      X