Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I exchange my drive for a replacement or is there something else I can tweak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I exchange my drive for a replacement or is there something else I can tweak?

I have an issue with my solid state drive not running to specifications.

I have a G.Skill Falcon 64GB drive running in AHCI mode on Windows 7 x64. The drive was formatted with Windows 7 installation tool. I ran various tests inside different OSes on different boot drives. I ran tests before and after making paging file and registry tweaks. I ran wiper.exe at least a dozen times. I even reformatted and reinstalled Windows 7. No matter what I do, all results are very similar, and I can not get factory spec performance from this drive. Is there something I may be missing?

Here are pictures of my results and additional information:

These results are similar for my G.SKILL drive no matter which OS I run them in.

I also included a photo of my southbridge BIOS settings.

Is there some setting I am missing? Do I need to send the drive back to Newegg for a replacement? Is this the best performance I can expect even with a replacement?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Erebus; 08-02-2009, 01:07 AM.
    MY PC:
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 940
    Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXB A2+
    Video: XFX Radeon HD 4870
    Audio: Creative SB Audigy2 ZS & Onboard Realtek ALC662
    Memory: Patriot 4x1GB (4GB) DDR2 @ 4/4/4/12
    OS Drive: G.Skill Falcon 64GB 1571

I have also the same problem (and the strange wave form at the begginning in HDTune) I dont know what to do. Waiting help from other user (Klugde)

If you find out the way to have the 230Mb/s of read and more/less 120Mbs/s of write, tell me!!!

Have Lucky!

Comment

Does numbers dont look to bad.
      Im getting 225 maximum write, 215 avarage on Hd tune

Comment

Originally posted by jeeps13 View Post
        Does numbers dont look to bad.
        Im getting 225 maximum write, 215 avarage on Hd tune
        Dont seems to you 95 of sustained write is low?

Comment

Originally posted by Maeggor View Post
          Dont seems to you 95 of sustained write is low?
          I have used , Otto, HD tune, Everest, and crystal mark to bench my falcon 64 gig. I have yet to get same results in any, they all vary by at least 10%. I have noticed Radom read on everest up to 400mbs and writes at UP TO 220mbs. SO WHO DO I TRUST, IF IT FEELS FAST, BOOTS FAST,WRITES FAST. it's okay with me

Comment

Working...
          X