Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL + Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 + AMD FX-8350

Hello.
    According to RAM configurator the G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB (4GB x 2) DDR3-1866 (F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL ) i bought, to use with my ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, should work perfectly however I can’t make them work at 1866 Mhz.
    When I chose “AUTO” in ASUS Bio they work at 1600 Mhz and if I manually put the mem speed at 1866 Mhz I have mem problems at startup and the computer does not start.
    After contacting ASUS support they told me to manually place the mem latencies, but for that you need to provide them to me.
    Can I have some kind of help please?
    Thank you

Enable DOCP/EOCP in BIOS, raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.05V, then everything should be ready to go.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Already try it, but when i do that i get a hardware blue screen before entering at Windows

Comment

Try back to BIOS and set the CPU/NB voltage to 1.2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman i did what you suggested, after enabling DOCP chose DDR3 frequency at 1866 Mhz

Set the CPU/NB voltage to 1.2V

and got this blue screen

Did i do anything wrong?

Comment

Try DRAM voltage to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman DRAM voltage to 1.55, and also the rest ( Enable DOCP/EOCP in BIOS, raise CPU-NB Voltage +1,2V ) ?

Comment

Yes, see if than can get it over

Tman

Comment

Didn't work

Comment

Can try the CPU/NB higher, may be you have a 8350 that can't handle 1866, have seen a few, or could try a reinstall of Win, may be a driver issue - do you have latest BIOS and mobo drivers?

Tman

Comment

A 8350 that can't handle 1866, lucky me
                      I have latest bios and mobo drivers and not keen on another win reinstall, so i prefer to run the mems at 1600 Mhz instead...
                      Will try the CPU/NB higer and see if it works

Comment

Did you try one module at a time to see if it can work? It may be a bad module causing instability. If so, get it replaced and that should solve your problems.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X