F3-2400C11D-8GSR + ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M + A10-5800K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C11D-8GSR + ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M + A10-5800K

Hey everyone, I just have a quick question.

I have the above combo and I cannot get the board to run the memory at 2400. If I put it on auto, it runs them at 1600. If I set it manually to 2400, it runs them at 2133. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

I had this mainboard myself and also had lots of problems getting my 2400er TridentX and other high end kits to run, with XMP enabled and even with manual timings. So it is probably not you doing something wrong but most likely this board thats just not ideal for or even capable of such high memory clocks (together with most other ASRock FM2 models).

Have you already tried enabling the memory profile* for DDR3-2400? Although the XMP is basically just for Intel platforms, my A10-5800K + Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 had no problems running with these settings enabled. But if you just manually dial in DDR3-2400, you then would also have to set pretty much all timings (main and sub-) and some voltages (DRAM, NB) by yourself. However you have to know how to get things right, otherwise finding the right settings might get frustrating fast and it would probably better to instead use profile1 (XMP) with some minor adjustments if needed.

*Load XMP Setting => Enabled / Profile1
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the memory profile for the 2400 setting. It only runs them at 2133.

Comment

Just to make sure:

1) There is only one profile to choose and it is called 2400something?
        2) Are you using the latest bios version? ( http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A75%...wnload&os=BIOS )
        -- 2b) Have you already tried newer / older versions as well?

If your mainboard auto adjusts to DDR3-2133 then your system would probably not be stable at DDR3-2400 without manual settings. Do you want to give it a shot?

Then please post a screenshot of your timing control tab with XMP enabled (taking screenshots in UEFI is very easy using F12 key and a thumb drive).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X