Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Overclock F3-12800CL8D-8GB 1600 Mhz RAM

Hi Tradesman,

I have overclocked the G Skill 8G(2x4G)DDR3 1600Mhz PC3-12800 CL8 ram as per Umart web address http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=2 to 2133Mhz with timings of 10,10,10,30,1T with Ram Voltage at 1.65 and it seems to be stable.I have disabled MRC Fast Boot so the IMC can 'train itself with secondary timings'. I have an ASUS P8-Z77-V Motherboard with Bios Version 1908 (latest version).

My CPU overclock has been stable for a month now at 4.5 with no problems. Voltage at 1.26

I read the guide on this forum about manually overclocking GSkill ram on Asus Z77 motherboards and i can't locate the VCCIO setting in the Bios on this particular motherboard.

I see that you recommend upping the voltage to promote stability - i wonder if they have lumped it under VCCSA on this motherboard ? EDIT - See next line.

Can i ask what you would recommend the VCCSA voltage to be with a the memory voltage at 1.65 ? My VCCSA Voltage is at 1.05. VCCIO needs to be within 0.5V of Ram Voltage in order to be safe in terms of CPU lifespan.

According to Asus Community Support "You can control VCCIO by increasing VCCSA. VCCIO keeps a delta with VCCSA. You increase VCCIO by the same amount as you increase VCCSA. When VCCSA is at stock VCCIO will be 1.05V. When VCCSA is 1.00V, VCCIO will be 1.10V and so forth. The rails are tied but what you need to do does work"

Thanks for your help in advance !
    Last edited by futurethinkers; 05-28-2013, 12:03 AM.

Check the value when set to AUTO, then you can manually set it around there to see if it is stable. I'd assume ~1.10V - ~1.15V.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X