Ripjaws X + Z77 Overclocking Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws X + Z77 Overclocking Glory

I decided to go ahead and overclock my 2 sticks of F3-12800CL8-4GBXM since I just got my hands on a new GA-Z77X-UD3H and i7 3770k. After getting a stable clock on my CPU, I went for the memory. I was able to get a 1866 clock with 9-9-9-24 timings at 1.5v STABLE. I put the new settings through a 2 hour Memtest stability test. No errors, and no blue screens!

Screenshot of CPU-Z & Memtest working

Link to CPU-Z Validation

Since then, I have played Metro: Last Light for a little over 2 hours without any issues at all. I love my G.Skill memory!

No plans to OC to DDR3-2133+?

How about CPU OC?

Comment

I do plan on pushing the clocks higher tonight and letting Memtest run over night.

As far as CPU clocks go, that's my project after I finish playing with mem clocks. I settled on a tidy 4.2GHz clock for the moment.

I'll keep everyone updated on my success!

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working on a 2133 clock as we speak, keeping at 1.5v. Timings tba, I feel like I can improve on them without sacrificing stability.

Comment

Sweet! Should see a good bandwidth increase.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memtest stability run almost finished on my 2133 oc. Then time for the gaming test. I'm also going to include an aida64 memory benchmark on this oc profile, and also my 1866 profile just to see where we stand with keeping at stock 1.5v.

Comment

Got the results of my 2133 OC. Timings are at 11-11-11-26 at 1.5v. Stable after a little over two hours of Memtest stability testing.

I apologize for saying I'd give results last night, but never posting. Got caught up in some intense gaming action.

CPU-Z and Memtest working.

Comparison between 1866 (9-9-9-26) and 2133 (11-11-11-26).

Even with 11-11-11 timings, the 2133 profile still outperforms the 1866 profile. I know I can get better timings off my 2133 clock if I adjust voltage, but my goal was to get a stable clock and timings with the spec'd 1.5v. Now I know it can easily be done.

Oh, and last night, I spent about 8 hours gaming on this 2133 profile without any issues.

Comment

Looking good, when tightening the timings you have about a full .1 that can be added to the sticks (up to around 1.6 or so) and can also add a bit to the MC (memory controller) voltage, on your mobo believe it's the CPUVTT

Tman

Comment

I'm definitely going to bump the voltage up a little on the dimm and imc, now that I've gone about as far as I can with 1.5v.

Going to do a little work on my girlfriend's pc since she just got in a Dreamer-X case. It's got a ton of features for an inexpensive niche case, like a sata hot swap port and a digital backlit cpu temp meter.

Anyways, it might be until tomorrow before I do anything new.

Comment

We'll be looking forward to hearing more!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X