• Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C9Q-32GXM + gIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 Rev 3 + AMD FX8350

F3-1866C9Q-32GXM 8192x4 DDR3-1866 PC314900 RAM
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 3 Motherboard
    AMD FX8350 Processor
    Running BIOS version FC
    RAM timing - CL-9-10-9-28 1.5v

So far have only been able to get this RAM set to post with no boot fails at a maximum of 1600. I got this by manually setting the timings to the numbers listed on the packaging. Couldn't get a successful boot when using XMP Profile (though the timing numbers all looked to be correct), even if I manually set the speed down to 1600 or even 1333 (which is what the RAM runs at with the optimized default settings).

How can I get it to the RAM's rated speed of 1866? Thanks in advance!

Will prob need an OC on the CPU, raise DRAM voltage about + 0.05 and raise CPU/NB by about +0.10 to + 0.17 to try. Haven't seen many 8350 that can run 1866 w/32GB. The CPU itself is 'rated' to run UP TO 1866 WITH 1 STICK PER CHANNEL (or two sticks total, (and that was with 4GB sticks). AMD CPUs just don't have a MC (memory controller) that is strong enough to run high freq/high density sticks as do Intel CPUs)....May want to try the suggestions above and if no joy try those settings, but with the freq at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the response Tradesman, will give that a try. Just to be clear, when you say CPU/NB, what exactly should I be tweaking? Here are my options in BIOS;

Under Advanced Voltage Settings,

CPU vCore
      NB Core
      HT Link Voltage
      NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage
      CPU PLL Voltage
      NB Voltage
      Vcore Loadline Calibration

Comment

NB voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X