F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD - Asus Sabertoothe x79 - 3930k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD - Asus Sabertoothe x79 - 3930k

Cant get anything but the defaults to work it seems.

updated to latest bios.

any thoughts?

Haven't heard of anyone getting to 2400 with 64GB on that mobo, might try 2133 at 10-11-11-31, 2N, 1.65 VCCSA 1.25 and VTT 1.2 prob want an OC of at least 4.3 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks

Thanks

I set the bus speed to 130 with your memory numbers and left everything else at auto

CPU 4.55 GHZ
      Memory doesn't quite get up to 2133 but its a lot better.

Also I was a little bit confused by this "1.65 VCCSA 1.25 and VTT 1.2"

I feel like there is a lot more in her though. Not getting that hot but unstable at anything above 130 on the bus.

Comment

4.7 ghz 2133mhz

Ok i played around with a lot of trial and error.

Here's some other setting combined with your suggested memory timings. Seems pretty stable. Did an hour of prime 95.

Comment

Taking the bus up will prob require a tad more vCore to the CPU itself - otherwise looking good!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello,

Apologies for jumping on someone elses thread but it appears you have the same set up as me with the G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 64 GB : 8 x 8 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 2400 MHz ( PC3-19200 ) - 1.65 V on a ASUS Sabertooth x79 with the Intel i7 3930K CPU.

I am having the issues above in regards to increasing the speed of my memory, I understand that this board will not go to the highest speed of the memory but I am a complete biff when it comes to OC.

Can you please give me the settings that I need and an idiots guide in simple terms so that I can adjust it to get the most out of my set up.

Many thanks,

turboextreme

Comment

Enable XMP Profile, set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-2133, make sure VCCSA Voltage is set, then see how that works.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well did as you said, enabled XMP Profile 1, changed the memory to 2133 MHz , didn't need to change any other settings as they changed on there own. Memory to 1.65v, VCCSA 1.25 & VTT 1.2.

All is working fine at present and CPU is running at its normal clock settings. Thanks for the guidance.

Comment

Fantastic, glad to hear!

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X